Original Post
Quotable Quotes
i think the title of the thread is self-explanatory xD

"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
only after the last river has been poisoned,
only after the last fish has been caught,
only then will you find,that money cannot be eaten"

( Cree Indian prophecy )
""We are a free people; and now you have planted in our country the title deeds of our future slavery. You are neither god nor demon; who are you, then, to make slaves? Orou! You understand the language of these men, tell us all, as you have told me, what they have written on this sheet of metal: 'This country is ours.' This country yours? And why? Because you have walked thereon? If a Tahitian landed one day on your shores, and scratched on one of your rocks or on the bark of your trees: 'This country belongs to the people of Tahiti' – what would you think?" -Diderot

Is this understeandable for you?(i translated it with goggle,'cause really couldn't find it in english)

""No man was by nature the right to rule others. Freedom is a gift from heaven, and every individual of the same species have the right to benefit from it as soon as it is endowed with reason. The only authority posed by the nature of the homeland power, but the parental authority has its limits and the state of nature would cease once the children were able to govern. Every other authority has a different origin from nature. a closer look, you can always make it back to one of these two sources: either to force and violence of those who if they have mastered, or consent of those who have subjected themselves to a contract entered into or assumed between them and those to whom have referred their authority. The power acquired by violence is mere usurpation, and lasts only until the force who commands prevails over that of those who obey, so that if they in turn become the strongest and shook off the yoke, they do so with equal right and justice of those who 'had imposed upon them. The same law that established the authority then destroys it is the law of the jungle. Sometimes the authorities has been imposed with the changing nature of violence: when you stand up for open consent of those who are submissive, but in this case falls in the second case which I consider, and if those who had arrogated to itself, becoming the prince ceases to be a tyrant" -Diderot
Last edited by bRuCiA; May 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
“The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough.”

“Those who restrain their desires, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.”

"Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night. "

"To generalize is to be an idiot. "

William Blake
wishful eyes deceive me
"It is not enough in a situation of trust in the commonwealth, that a man means well to his country; it is not enough that in his single person he never did an evil act, but always voted according to his conscience, and even harangued against every design which he apprehended to be prejudicial to the interests of his country. This innoxious and ineffectual character, that seems formed upon a plan of apology and disculpation, falls miserably short of the mark of public duty. That duty demands and requires that what is right should not only be made known, but made prevalent; that what is evil should not only be detected, but defeated. When the public man omits to put himself in a situation of doing his duty with effect it is an omission that frustrates the purposes of his trust almost as much as if he had formally betrayed it. It is surely no very rational account of a man's life, that he has always acted right but has taken special care to act in such a manner that his endeavours could not possibly be productive of any consequence."

- Edmund Burke -

When free choice is bound to limitations, a slave is able to feel free.

- myself - :P
"I dissaprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it"