Ranking
Original Post
Let's Listen To suo Rant About: Iji
Firstly: http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Download, play, believe.

If that doesn't convince you: Iji is a nice platform shooter, you play the titular character, you have big guns and kill things. Or not. It doesn't really matter. Kill, don't kill, just a bit of depth in the storyline. (I'm serious, it does make a difference. Go play through the entire game without killing ANYONE.)

On the other hand, go be a genocidal maniac. It's fun and it gets you good weapons. Well, not any better than the pacifist weapons but you'll have the stats to use them.

"suo, what the fuck are you talking about":
Ok.

---- POSSIBLE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT ----
Albeit nothing really important as far as spoilers go.

The story: You're Iji, a nanotech cyborg created after the Tasen evaporated the first half mile of the Earth's surface using something called an "Alpha Strike". You and your brother Dan are the only humans known to be still alive. Dan is not special, but he sits in a control room and provides useful information.

The Tasen are an oddly humanoid alien race, who have nuked the Earth for whatever reason. Since they blew you up, it's your job to try and make them stop blowing you up, by visiting a Tasen Elite named Krotera. This couldn't possibly turn out bad. No, not at all.

Ok. Wait a minute. They can evaporate the first half mile of the Earth's surface, what can we do? Well, you start with a shotgun. It also turns out that being a nanocyborg is a lot like being in an RPG game, except less confusing and more awesome at high levels. There are 7 stats, two related to weaponry, Health, Attack, Assimilation (ammo carrying), Crack (make yourself better guns -- to a point), and Strength (KICK!). These go from 1 to 10. They start at 1 and will take a while to reach 10. You can gain 5 levels per sector. Multiply that by the 10 sectors of the game, you can reach level 50. Assuming you're playing Normal. Wait... we can't possibly maximize these all, can we? (No. Unless you can live without one of them. Or you -CONNECTION LOST-)

I'm back. Ow. Some weird lizardy alien grabbed me by the neck and stabbed some laser daggers into me. Probably a Komato. Komato -- Another alien species. They happen to hate the Tasen. They also happen to be a lot better than them. It also turns out that the Komato have much better weapons. It also turns out the Komato are even more batshit insane than the Tasen, and love to use these weapons for such things as "Ultra Minefield Run And Seek".

Well, at least the Tasen are gone now. Now the Komato are Alpha Striking this place ffffff-. Well, time to go see the Komato general. Hopefully this won't turn out like Krotera.

---- STORY SPOILERS OVER WITH ----

It's actually a lot better than that, but that's the general outline.

I'd suggest just playing it.

tl;dr: Play it you gently caressing inattentive person. :<"

-- If you want spoilers, feel free to ask.
-- If you want super spoilers, go find the damn logbook. Same sector you fight the floating ball of doom.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!