Ranking
Original Post
[IMG] Elfen mask (head texture)

Inspired by this awesome deviantart image
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=face...t=120#/d1dz3ur

Pretty satisfied with the results, but I'm thinking about changing the hair at the back. Will see tomorrow.
Pretty sweet shading Ezeth. You gave the front of the head a really nice stone-muscle look to it. So far the head looks good like you said; thou' I'd like to see it with some more colors added to it. Maybe a bruised-red color in some places to complement the purple. Since the single color makes it somewhat dull.

(>^_^)>
Pretty good shading, but blech on the color.

It looks like you drew it in grayscale and just used a recolor setting.

It makes the head very bland.

Some stuff you could do:
Make teeth white
Eyes red
hair brown/yellow
Keep the bottom band right above the hair gray
And then use some blue and a dash of red around the main part of the mask for a nebula look, maybe. After all, elves are supposed to be magical and stuff right? So sparkly even, or glow. Shiner.

Your texture is a good reproduction of the source, but I think you should take some liberties to make it more toribash friendly.

But color aside, really great head that's different from most I see.

EDIT: also, Elfen in german, elVen in english.
Last edited by DarkJak; May 25, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
loving the face. soft shading, subtle shapes. blablabla artistic /mumbojumbo and for once, i honestly dont mind the gaia colour
hair is a bit straight, wouldnt have picked it up as hair if i hadnt seen the reference. the mirror gap at the back middle gets to me a little
teeth are too blocky... and the fact taht he has a middle tooth is most irritating aswell
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by JinxZ View Post
Pretty sweet shading Ezeth. You gave the front of the head a really nice stone-muscle look to it. So far the head looks good like you said; thou' I'd like to see it with some more colors added to it. Maybe a bruised-red color in some places to complement the purple. Since the single color makes it somewhat dull.

Yeah I can run some color experiments with it :P
the idea was to make it only different shades of purple though.

Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
EDIT: also, Elfen in german, elVen in english.

The artist named it Elfen mask, hence the name.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
loving the face. soft shading, subtle shapes. blablabla artistic /mumbojumbo and for once, i honestly dont mind the gaia colour
hair is a bit straight, wouldnt have picked it up as hair if i hadnt seen the reference. the mirror gap at the back middle gets to me a little
teeth are too blocky... and the fact taht he has a middle tooth is most irritating aswell

Yeah, will probably do a couple of fixes to it today.

Originally Posted by Ghiita View Post
how long does it actually take you to make a head?

Varies, around 30 min to 3-4 hours.

This took around 2 hours since I had a lot of mess with brightening up the colors.