Toribash
Original Post
Rolling Grenade
Here's just a mod I made so that the newgrenade.lua scripts grenades would roll more and look more realistic than a cube.
I take only credit for the idea (and the effort put forth), the mod is an edited grenade.tbm file, and to use it (effectively), you need newgrenade.lua. As an unexpected side effect, if you grabby the grenade, you can end up with a plasma grenade like thing. I take NO CREDIT for the mod (original was made by NewbLuck) OR script (by suomynona), only the idea.

No, I don't have shaders. Why? I'll happily enable them if you can buy me a new graphics card ^^. (Radeon 9550 died of old age)

Get the script here:http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=12963
It only works on the right hand. It's not very much as a grenade, but more like a remote detonated explosive.

This is my first mod, and I don't know how to mod, I just adapt to syntaxes very fast, so feedback about modifying the mod is unlikely to be acknowledged. I do, however, like "Thank yous".
EDIT: I am now acknowledging feedback about changing the mod.

If the grenade won't leave your hand (or arm stub), try toggling the grab on it.
Apparently, the script (with this mod) is completely replay friendly. What you see is exactly what will be in the replay.

Variation info:
The "Non-rolling" version does not change size when grabbing or non-grabbing.

The "R-Frag v2 NG" is more real, but may be less fun. I moved the position to INSIDE of the joint to make flight more realistic (it use to rotate around the hand, since the joint has no weight) so it rotates around the entire nade accurately. Plus, as an unfortunate side effect, you can't grab after you let go of the nade. Overall, this one rolls more like a ball, and is much smaller than the original versions grabby, which was the only way that it could roll. I can not make a grabbing version without making the entire grenade bigger, which I tried and it made throwing less accurate and looked less appealing.

CREDITS:
NewbLuck for the Grenade mod and original Grenade script which preceded the newgrenade script.
suomynona for the newgrenade script.
MrPoptart for HoldableSword2.tbm, the mod I found the coordinates for the hand in "R-Frag v2 NG"

I would like to know which one you like the most. Please reply clearly. If you don't like a particular one, please tell me also.
Attached Files
R-Frag.tbm (73 Bytes, 41 views)
Plasma nade! Yay.rpl (39.0 KB, 18 views)
R-Frag Nonrolling.tbm (106 Bytes, 20 views)
R-Frag v2 NG.tbm (130 Bytes, 17 views)
Last edited by Nuyashaki; Jan 1, 2008 at 11:16 PM.
To prevent this nice mod from dying. Good job, and you certainly followed the posting rules.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Ok, good. Thank you. It's not really that great. It took me longer to make the first post than it did to make the mod. :P
four words, PLUS-REP-FOR-YOU

DOOD THIS IS FUN AS HELL

i award you with...

(: (: (:

cookiez
want a cookie? click here

jesus is god. jesus is also god's son. this is confusing. wait, this must mean... that god f***ed himself :O
Wasn't expecting such positive results. Thank you again. ^^

Looks like I'm the one also giving thanks :P
wow its great to see so many good mod makers emerge, yes that means you rock =P
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
You have to use newgrenade.lua to make it actually a "grenade", but it will work with other scripts, of course the grenade won't work. I think they should make mods with built in lua scripts.

And I'm not a mod maker, just a kid that screws with files when he's bored. I adapt to the syntaxes of files quickly, and I was bored, so this mod was born. :P
Last edited by Nuyashaki; Jan 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM.
Press q in to make it blow up. You also have to load the script newgrenade.lua, found in the link in my post.
Last edited by Nuyashaki; Jan 1, 2008 at 05:47 AM.