Toribash
Original Post
[IMG] Some handrawn stuff
Well, I found one of my old sketches and I think I'm going to get back into hand drawn art and stuff. I do a WHOLE lot of sketching in all my art so what would take 30 minutes takes me two hours, without the extra work. Give me feedback and such. I'll add way more when I start thinking of new ideas.

Oh, and my printer doesn't have a scanner on it so I have to take pictures, which means these images are huge, so I'll just link them.

A Twisted Tale

Skeleton Songs
Last edited by mWah; Jul 22, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Hmm... It's a pretty interesting image-kinda, thought I can't really figure out the meaning behind it if there was any, but it does remind me of what I used to do before, just pointlessly drawing random things.

I like the drawing style though.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
the face is well done, even if design wise, its pretty typical and lacking in character
the shading on the rest is all one directional tho, directional pencil lines would improve the outcome considerably.

GATA is hosting a "draw yourself" comp within the org, feel free to make a sketch and submit it, if u want to practise and get some good crits.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
the face is well done, even if design wise, its pretty typical and lacking in character
the shading on the rest is all one directional tho, directional pencil lines would improve the outcome considerably.

GATA is hosting a "draw yourself" comp within the org, feel free to make a sketch and submit it, if u want to practise and get some good crits.

Thanks I'll have to try that next, since I've been working on something today.

I'll also try out that competition, so long it's alright with the org and stuff.
Originally Posted by Tapion View Post
Hmm... It's a pretty interesting image-kinda, thought I can't really figure out the meaning behind it if there was any, but it does remind me of what I used to do before, just pointlessly drawing random things.

I like the drawing style though.

There really wasn't any meaning at first, just doodles. But they all connect and sort of flow together, one way or another.

Chains > Man > Flower > Cave > Hand/Arm > Vine > Bricks

And the wing is just kind of there, since I couldn't think of anything else.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Woah, thats pretty amazing, you sure do have a lot of creativity.
I hope to see more drawings from you. Nice shadings

10/10

Keep up the good work.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
Thanks I'll have to try that next, since I've been working on something today.

I'll also try out that competition, so long it's alright with the org and stuff.

lukepoint competitions are open to the forum in general, you'd be more than welcome to participate, thus, the invitation :P

the new skull is better, i can see you started with the whole directional lines thing, you just need to exxagerate the curves more towards the edges

edit: try shading with your pencil lines going in these directions
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...hadingmwah.png
Last edited by BenDover; Jul 22, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
The mouth area of the skull reminds me of crumpled paper. I like the ideas of the things you draw; you can tell that there isn't really a reference for any of them, and the originality is hot as balls. Are you using just a regular pencil or do you have specific drawing pencils? I'm curious. I like the doodle page more than the skull, but that's mostly just because of the face on the doodle one. The anatomy is awesome on the face and I love the expression. The shading is also pretty sw33t, and I like how in your drawings you try to cover every object with pencil, whether it be really lightly stroked pencil or a full out dark darkgray outline of something.

Also, pizzapete8, posting that won't help anyone.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth