Toribash
Original Post
Belts/number of accrued wins connection
Someone else must have noticed this.

It appears that winning against a player that is a higher Belt than oneself counts for more wins.

How do I know this? I've noticed that when a player "Belts up", they're far more often - in my experience - to have just won against a player with a sizeable amount of experience. Coincidence? It seems far too common to me to be completely one.

Examples: I lost to a White Belt yesterday. He Belted up to Yellow.
I got my Green Belt accidentally beating Hamster at Judo.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Curious... that would make plenty of sense , except in my case where I'm a black belt that has the skill of a white belt.

I'm pretty sure it would be documented if it were true though :/

Indeed someone replied. You know why? Because I'm a sexy freak.
Last edited by Ownzilas; Jan 9, 2008 at 04:15 AM.
»You just wasted 5 seconds of your life. Congratulations!«
[m] - 2/29/2008 - Never Forget
O.o Someone replied.

Yes, I know what you mean about it being documented, but neither have the Uke/Tori differences nor have the left/right shoulder differences.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Ah, an excellent point o.o

It is no doubt a conspiracy.

This shouldn't be too hard to do a test for, it just has to be controlled.
i do notice that. when i bacame a green belt i beat a 3rd dan black belt to get to to it
[23:19] <HebrewHamr> i'm catholic
@TehBasher
If that was directed at me for some reason, then pewt. That PSP thing was supposed to be a joke - ended up being taken horribly.

Wait, hold on. Aren't belts done by Qi? Don't you get Qi even if you lose? Does that mean that if I lost against a master belt, I would get more Qi? O.o
Originally Posted by Ownzilas View Post
This shouldn't be too hard to do a test for, it just has to be controlled.

With two people, 50 alts, an empty server, and unlimited time and attention, granted. Well, for an indepth test concerning many levels of belts, that is.

Edit: Gahhhh damned slow PSP! Oh, the irony.

Ownzilas: Maybe.
Last edited by 3vi1; Jan 9, 2008 at 04:26 AM.
Why test for multiple? The only point is to see if higher belts grant more Qi.

I somehow don't think they do anymore... this would be brining up the point I made in the above post.
There might be a cap on the increases - you only get the "bonus" when you're at a low Belt. But it does seem unlikely...