Ranking
Original Post
Internet Issues
Hi, I have been recently experiencing a lot of internet issues. Like if im on the internet for like 15 minutes, it shuts off for about 3 minutes. Its different times everyday. Im not sure what is happening but it is pissing me off. If this helps at all I have a cisco wireless thing upstairs. Like the lights on the other modem go dark, "DSL" and "internet" go dark, than 3 minutes or so later they go back on.

Any help? thanks.
Try a firmware update, you'll need to consult the products manual on how to do that, or ask me very, very nicely to walk you through it.
Voxus, Could you please, PLEASE, walk me thru the firmware update. I would be very grateful if you would.
Heh, k, first you need to run cmd, press the windows key + R at the same time to get up the run dialog, and type in 'cmd', then type in the command 'ipconfig' into the command prompt, tell me what it outputs via screenshot or copy and paste.
I think it has to do with the quality of your line. If the internet light goes off, its the service that's failing. (signal is too low or theres a lot of interferences going on.)
You should call your ISP and tell em that they need to fix the faulty signal.
I once had a similar problem. It was because of the phone cable outside my house was damaged.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi