Toribash
Original Post
Music?
In my opinion, this is more of a conceptual discussion. It doesn't belong in music chat, so don't move it :V

Ok, so one of the things that unifies humanity is music. There is not a single country on this planet who is completely void of music. Again, literally every country includes musical influence. The question is, why? What is music? Well, it's a sensory perception, of course

But why? Why does it exist? Is music an evolutionary adaptation? Some claim that the playing of music was evolved over many years. Chimpanzees and some of our other close relatives keep the peace by brushing each other. This has been proven to release hormones that allow a higher pain threshold, and peacefulness. The theory claims that early humans did this, too, and in larger groups. The groups eventually became too large to accomplish anything, and the primal grunts linked to mating began to develop rhythmic meter. Thus, music was born. If I remember correctly, they have found 35,000 year old flutes and stuff.

Now, music can also be a side effect of being able to communicate. Research has shown that the brain has no specific part that functions primarily for music. Actually, the parts of the brain that are active when playing/listening to music are all embedded in parts devoted to other functions, such as speech recognition and the like. Some claim that if music were an socioevolutionary (That is totally not a word D: ) result, then people with social disorders (such as autism) would have music disorders. The thing is, the brain reacts the same way in autistic subjects when music is played.

So what do you think? What do you think has more support? I can't really make up my mind on this one. I might have to do a bit more research before I arrive at a conclusion.
Thanks.
I think u didn't have to write so much ....hehe
In my opinion music is the way of my life i can't live without it i listen to it at least 8 hours of single day , my friends even tell me to stop (hehe) , and writing bout searches and that stuff is't very interesting to me .......... in the end it's jst a music