Ranking
Original Post
[art] Batman speed paint
Just testing new tablet, 20 min of work...

With this drawing I would also like to post mine impressions with this new tablet from Genius - M 712X.

Well, it looks professional, its big enough so you can work freely and soooo much buttons to make shortcuts to things u use while painting (undo, save, load, eraser etc...), also has rolling pads so u can zoom in/out, move canvas, rotate, etc.
But... Pen! Eeeh, they somehow managed to screw up the pen. Its point isn't soft, retracting inward when drawing on tablet like in the last versions. Now it is tick and almost doesn't move at all. Making straight, smooth lines is somewhat hard to do. You have to press really hard the point to see those 1024 pressure levels. All tablet gives me ''stiffy' feeling while working with it. Basically, I have to accustom again to it just because they made pen act and feel different.
Not exactly how I imagine it... Kinda disappointed. :[
But, since it is in my possession now I can't do nothing else but to adjust.
Recommendation: Last versions of Genius tablets are much better. Remove all those fancy buttons, rolling pads, big surface for drawing, and u get not so good product. :[
I gotta try Wacom stuff soon.
My experience with tablet is that anything else than wacom is bad, unless you want to spend tons of cash on it. I've tried both Genius and Aiptec, both sucked in comparison
(in the same price range)
About the drawing, I think it looks kind of rushed, just a nice final touch will make huge differences.
Last edited by Ezeth; Mar 11, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Man, that was a 20 min of plowing on tablet, I will need some time to get use to it.
I'm quite pissed, since this is the first time that Genius disappointed me. :[
i have a wacom intuos4 it is my first tablet but im pretty satified, it reched all my expectatives
[JollyR] [GATA]
Totally awesome
left hand looks strange in a way but meh.
You should totally draw my tori.
It's All About Expansion
It looks nice for 20 minutes worth, the colors are sorta blogged together but it still makes the painting really awesome