Ranking
Original Post
Why is Satan cool?
Personaly i dont think he's cool at all, but I've experienced that many teenagers etc. thinks he is. You also see Satans handsign in for example the rock music. So why do you think he is cool/uncool?
[Fr3styL]|TNT|Rooyall: Wanna smell my dick? Me: Why not? Rooyall: That's what I ask the girls all the time..
Because kids like to like things they aren't "supposed to" and i think he's generally seen as a rebellious thing to like. and the devil has become fairly mainstream in today's culture, so he's seen more as a cool evil guy than the guy that tortures you when you die or whatever christians beleive in ;o

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by NinjaBent View Post
Personaly i dont think he's cool at all, but I've experienced that many teenagers etc. thinks he is. You also see Satans handsign in for example the rock music. So why do you think he is cool/uncool?

He's seen as the ultimate fighter of the establishment; someone who doesn't play by the rules. He's the guy who will not suppress his desires for social norms, but indulge them fully. Teens especially are drawn to that, because they are inclined to rebel at that stage of their development.

One of the biggest virtues of Biblical Satan, I think, is that he is not a hypocrite. He doesn't put on a facade of piety while secretly dreaming of sinning - he stays true to himself, without fear of displeasing the powers that be (whether its God or society).
Last edited by Odlov; Apr 6, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
He's seen as the ultimate fighter of the establishment; someone who doesn't play by the rules. He's the guy who will not suppress his desires for social norms, but indulge them fully. Teens especially are drawn to that, because they are inclined to rebel at that stage of their development.

One of the biggest virtues of Biblical Satan, I think, is that he is not a hypocrite. He doesn't pretend to be pious while secretly thinking of sin - he stays true to himself.

Talking about Satanism?(La vey)Yeah,they're all for individualism,basically that's their way for reaching higher level of greatness(becoming gods).It's concept sounds good...but the spiritual stuff are full of shit.Some of their statements sounds scary.

If someone bothers you,and after asking them stop,they don't;destroy him.Sounds fair enough :P
Of course satanists will try to explain it in a more acceptable way,that's whats every religion does.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
Talking about Satanism?(La vey)Yeah,they're all for individualism,basically that's their way for reaching higher level of greatness(becoming gods).It's concept sounds good...but the spiritual stuff are full of shit.Some of their statements sounds scary.

If someone bothers you,and after asking them stop,they don't;destroy him.Sounds fair enough :P
Of course satanists will try to explain it in a more acceptable way,that's whats every religion does.

I haven't read the satanic bible, and not really planning to. I really don't need some pompous dufus to tell me how do be a hedonist (sorry La Vey fans). Some fragments of it I read on the net are quite ridiculous, talking about magic and all that jazz.
meh...nobody likes the devil, they just pretend to so they dont look like a goody-two-shoe. but truly. NOOOOOObody likes the devil.
Mhm.
Originally Posted by gamekid View Post
meh...nobody likes the devil, they just pretend to so they dont look like a goody-two-shoe. but truly. NOOOOOObody likes the devil.

This is lies. Some people worship Satin in a form of religion, so then they like/fear him.