Ranking
Original Post
Should sparing and parkour become an offical mods ?
Hey there to all you crazy Tori "Bashers" !

Now im sure every player has seen sparing players whip ass in game and thoes lovely videos that have become bigger than sliced bread .
These realism fights and insane runners have awed us all and dont even say it hasent because we have all seen NutHug jam his foot in some poor saps face or Jet with his reality bending acrobatics . This is truly pure and raw skill.

Now the question is ...

Should we have offical Sparing and Parkour Mods ?

Ruki: if it would take to long it'lle make it better than when you do it faster
TRichard21: yeah we should and i agree to the skills of the participants in these mods but
ruki has a point with the leght of the actual fight it would take it to long for some players to complete the match if it were to be officially online but only some are like that
there is a things as online sparring and parkour but few complete it though
TPC Flames

Replays (need CnC)

Spar's and Parkour's arent supposed to be about points, they are supposed to be about the replay. When it's about the replay, it winds up cool, and worth the time it takes, but when people try to grind or anything, it could get out of hand. Another problem with that is there is no determened skill level ('Belt') for Sparring or Parkour, so there would be no way to seperate players based on a skill level, which means, for example, People like Oblivion playing against people...that aren't so good.

In the end that just seems to be a waste of time. No way do I support this :<

echo force has a point with the replay goals but it would be easier to spar with some one else than to go through more trouble sparring with your self , and it depends on who you let in your room to spar with you
TPC Flames

Replays (need CnC)

@Ruki

You do realize that you can adjust the in game timer right ? And you have probably never been in a clan war before so you dont seem to know what pacients is . Keep remarks like that to yourself .

@ Others

I do see your point guys with parkour and the replay ambition, but it doesnt always have to be a long battle with sparing , 5 second turn frames with 700 match frames goes by pretty quickly . It would encourage players to increase there stability and control when in a match . But i guess its only a fools dream lol
Most people have their own preferences for how they set up their sparring mods. Can't really choose one set up and call it official. Putting it in static servers is a different issue all together. Basically it's just simpler to let people set it up themselves. Sparring is more of a two person thing, so not the greatest for public servers. Which can already have pretty long wait times in between fights. You want to have the queue moving at a good pace.
Fish pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Everyone has their own preference as to how they set it up (for example, 750 ED versus 1000 ED). Also, you can't enforce people to really spar/freerun in those rooms.

From experience, I already know that despite having the description and room name as "Spar" or something similar, and telling people it's a sparring server once they're in, people love to run up to you and do some pretty annoying (and not to mention visually abrasive) moves. Throw in the queue line issue, and over all, it's just not worth it.

Good concept, though.

Also, if a GM or something reads this, fix the blackbelt rooms, please? The whole "classic" mod with screwed up frames is kind of.. odd.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Most people have their own preferences for how they set up their sparring mods. Can't really choose one set up and call it official. Putting it in static servers is a different issue all together. Basically it's just simpler to let people set it up themselves. Sparring is more of a two person thing, so not the greatest for public servers. Which can already have pretty long wait times in between fights. You want to have the queue moving at a good pace.

^That.
There isn't one set concept for sparring/parkour.
For the current official mods however, there is (I.E. Aikido- Nothing much, just DQ+dojo).
BAD LUCK