Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] A Quick Skeletor Head
Photoshop, all vectors.

Criticism please. Honestly didn't put in the hours on this one, but want to know what could be better.
I was thinking about shading and shadowing but didn't want to lose the clean look.

Auction here
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Originally Posted by toxico21 View Post
Sorry but looks like awful c/p 1/10

>Vector
>Copy-pasted

wut

Anyways, thanks for checking it out.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
Well, imagine that being a real skeleton, the head would mostly be dark blue or whatever and only the front of the head would actually be a skull. You should spread the skull over the whole image, so it's a skull at the sides and back too.
Tint is sex.
Originally Posted by Praeter View Post
Well, imagine that being a real skeleton, the head would mostly be dark blue or whatever and only the front of the head would actually be a skull. You should spread the skull over the whole image, so it's a skull at the sides and back too.

Skeletor!
From He-Man haha

Pretty average, wont sugar coat it.
no mapping.
proportions arent correct.
calling it a vector, doesnt excuse the fact that its flat and boring.
eyes are looking off in an odd direction.
suspicious little blur line on the top and outline at the bottom.
doubtfull that you vectored this. lines arent straigt enough and the corners are too curved.
if you're that good with the pentool, then id assume youd be at least a little better than this at design.

Originally Posted by Lancelite View Post
I've seen that skull before... Are you 100% sure that you created that skull? PM me the original. I wish to see this.

nothing immidiately pops up in google. Dont post accusations untill you have atleast some evidence.

although if we do find that youre auctioning something you didnt make, you will be banned, just thought you'd like to know.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Lancelite View Post
I've seen that skull before... Are you 100% sure that you created that skull? PM me the original. I wish to see this.

See below. Your wish is granted. Next time don't ask condecending questions like "Are you 100% sure?!?" to someone who's been around for as long as I. It's bullshit honestly.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Pretty average, wont sugar coat it.
no mapping.
proportions arent correct.
calling it a vector, doesnt excuse the fact that its flat and boring.
eyes are looking off in an odd direction.
suspicious little blur line on the top and outline at the bottom.
doubtfull that you vectored this. lines arent straigt enough and the corners are too curved.
if you're that good with the pentool, then id assume youd be at least a little better than this at design.

nothing immidiately pops up in google. Dont post accusations untill you have atleast some evidence.

although if we do find that youre auctioning something you didnt make, you will be banned, just thought you'd like to know.

First off, I agree with all of this.
I did vector this, (if I have the correct definition of vector, ie Not rasterize drawing/infinitely scalable/defined by geometry not pixels. )
The blur is a drop shadow, maybe not done the best though, it was supposed to show a bit of depth. The screenshot below shows the vector a bit better then wrapped around a sphere.

And over all thanks for the back-up of sorts and critique, I'll keep all of this in mind. Basically first attempt at a head in years. Tbh, I spent about 25 mins start to finish. I need to just bear down and just make a good head, but I just had this idea and wanted to see how it came out.

Pic related, it's Photoshop, with all my shape layers inside of it. Grid is on to deter texture stealing. Bendover is in bg to assure authenticity.

Since it's apperently worthless, here's the orig photoshop file:

Ben, if you get a chance can you close the auction thread? Here's the orig link.

Greater than 800x600

Last edited by Spartan094; Aug 3, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Haha, I fail. Well in that case, next time you try making a hood, try shading it so it looks like a hood.
Tint is sex.
Originally Posted by Praeter View Post
Haha, I fail. Well in that case, next time you try making a hood, try shading it so it looks like a hood.

haha, I couldn't! That's why I quit so soon.
The best way to learn is to get yo ass on DeviantART and look at some hoods and which parts of the hood are darker and which are lighter, if I can't get my shading right on something, I do that... Well, being honest, I did it once but from now on I will do it, lol.
Tint is sex.