Ranking
Original Post
Legions: Overdrive

"Fallen Empire: Legions (abbreviated to simply "Legions" or "FE:L") is a browser-based sci-fi first-person shooter (FPS) computer game by GarageGames on InstantAction. Announced officially in January 2007, Legions was being developed as a "spiritual successor" to Tribes, borrowing many gameplay elements from the series.

Credited as the first Online Browser 3D Based FPS, Closed Beta testing began in March 2008, Open Beta testing began in June 2008.
On the 30th of June 2009, the game entered its Live Development phase. This meant that the game was complete, and available indefinitely to the public, but updates could be added at the whim of the developers.

As of the 11th of November 2010, the closing of InstantAction cancelled the possibility of a re-launch on InstantAction.com. However, before this the game got licensed and picked up by a group of dedicated users and old interns of the now discontinued InstantAction site and was re-released as Legions: Overdrive, a stand-alone game no longer playable in a browser, on December 20, 2010."

And here it is today. It's free, it has active developers, it has an active community and last but not least, addictive gameplay. It really deserves a lot more popularity than it gets right now, which is the reason I created this thread. New weapons are being tested right now and they are a lot of fun. If you want to try them out for yourself Find a Public Test server, the password for them is mortar. I'll add more information and screenshots for this thread as it goes. If you got the game, don't forget to mention your username!

Useful stuff:
Download
FAQ
Forums

Legions: Overdrive Classes

Usernames:
Nightin
Doclan (Alan)
Last edited by Nightin; Sep 1, 2011 at 03:58 PM.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
I was addicted to it, but when instantaction went down, I could never play it since.
It was a really fun game though.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by SoBscout View Post
I was addicted to it, but when instantaction went down, I could never play it since.
It was a really fun game though.

You can play it now and it's not in a browser. Just follow the download instructions!
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
Downloading it just 'cuz Nightin plays it.
Username: Doclan
Last edited by Alan; Aug 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
I played it back when it was on instantaction, I got pretty good, but when they did the whole revamp of the game I stopped, and then shortly after instantaction went down.

Maybe I'll pick it up again ;o
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
You can play it now and it's not in a browser. Just follow the download instructions!

I can't, I have a mac. I'm going to wait and see if they have a mac version that's going to come out soon, then I can play the game.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Small tip for people who like defending. If they manage to get the flag, you can boost yourself with a grenade. Throw a grenade behind you by pressing F and immediately shoot it with a rocket. Be careful though, these use more of your health than rocket jumps!
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Really good defenders give me nightmares. Straight up.

240+ caps give THEM nightmares.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
240+ caps give THEM nightmares.

Yes, but when you are physically incapable of capping against them from any possible direction and any possible scenario, they're terrifying.