Toribash
Original Post
A Couple Replays
Just started making single player replays so I thought I would start with something easy. A headpass. Turns out its harder than it looks. But anyways, I'll be posting here time to time with new stuff. Please rate and give suggestions.
And while I am here, I should ask why I can't save past a certain amount of frames. Is it because the file has become too big? My ending kinda got derped because of it.
And I will tell you ahead of time: dq is off. But i only touched once and that is around 450 frames from the start with uke's head. And of course at the end when I dq uke's head. But I'm fixing that one.
Attached Files
Headpass-FinalFinally.rpl (798.8 KB, 58 views)
No.
K well i didnt get any comments.
I have been practicing skeets recently because i wanna be good at it and so i did some practice shots at it and here is my third attempt at it. I know its extremely sloppy. I wasnt going for style points. I just need some criticism on it. So yeah. CnC and that stuff.
Edit: Sorry about double posting but i just finished up a new replay. Its not as smooth as i would like and the flow is kinda jaggy but it has good aspects too. I also havent gotten any comments in over a day. Please rate and cnc and stuff.
Attached Files
Skeet the Third.rpl (452.0 KB, 26 views)
This is a replay.rpl (164.9 KB, 18 views)
Last edited by dagreja; Dec 16, 2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: new replay
No.
I continue to tell myself that sooner or later i will get a rating or something. I realize im not good but i would like commentary so i know what im doing wrong. Anyways, i saw jaker talking about running so i saw his replay and thought i would try running something along those lines. My first step is kinda shaky but the rest looks good i think.
Attached Files
Running Practice.rpl (183.8 KB, 22 views)
No.
The headpass was really good for someone new. Maybe you could try from a little far away.
The Skeet the Third replay was also okay, maybe you could DM some joint from Uke's body for some awesome effect.
This is a replay is also ok, but the style is pretty good somehow. When you get to do better replays, PM me, I'll be interested.
The running is wierd at first, but it catches up. Try relaxing your knees for some realism.

I think you will become a good replaymaker some months later.
oh yeah
Thanks. The skeet replays were mostly just practice. But no matter how hard i try or throw i cant get any dm's with it. I understand that youre supposed to hit the joints to get a dm but even when i do, i can't get it. Any tips?
I worked pretty hard on the headpass replay and a bunch of hours were spent working on it and then figuring out i went too far and the replay was too big so i would have to restart from my last save.
The this is a replay was in my opinion the best replay i have so far. It doesnt have very many DM's but i thought the skeet with the head was pretty good.
No.
To get some DMs, try to gather momentum, for example, when kicking, bringing the leg you kick with forward and the other one to the back, the kick will be much more powerful, be cause it doesn't have to share power with both legs. Also I find that throwing your arms in the opposite direction that you are kicking (example do a kick while you are twisting left and bring your arms to the right) adds a lot of momentum and the kick becomes more powerful.

Also when I kick with my foot and the joint won't DM, I try to kick with the part between the knee and the ankle, and most of the times I get 2-3 DMs.

Relaxing always helps me with momentum. I have the habit of, when making a replay, for no reason I do relax all and I obligate myself to continue with most of the joints relaxed.

When you kick, you do contract knee -> extend knee? I find that if I relax the knee, and when the leg is close to uke I extend it, I get DMs more easily.

Sometimes when I am doing a replay, I kick and get no DMs, because I had contracted my hips before I extended the knee. Usually I relax the hips and when my leg gets a little closer to uke I contract it, because when you kick, the kick will have the power of your knee extended + the power of your hip contracting. If you contract your hip too soon, you only get your knee's power.
oh yeah
So youre saying that to get the best amount of DMs i will need to go back and edit it and fiddle with my hips and knees to find when to contract, etc?
Thanks for the tips.
No.
Yeah, that's what I mean.
To get DMs you need to know when to contract/extend.
Also I've made an example of how to get momentum swinging your arm the oppostie way of the kick. May I post it here?
oh yeah
Feel free to post whatever replays you want to. As long as its appropriate.
No.
Thank you.
In the first replay, I kick Uke while swinging my arm the opposite way. In the second replay, I just hold my arm. See how the kick goes much more weak.
Attached Files
Arm Swing momentum.rpl (30.2 KB, 17 views)
Arm Swing momentum 2.rpl (22.0 KB, 16 views)
oh yeah