Toribash
Original Post
[DISC]Worldbuilder revival thread
Ok, back in the game at last.

I need input on what needs to be added/fixed/everything else, including new features that got added in to toribash that are not implemented yet in worldbuilder as it stands now.

Sorry it has been so long, but gmod and real life have both been very, very distracting.

Anyway, post on.
 ____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
all the new 3.3 stuff, download the beta, it comes with a text file that tells you all the new features. (beta will be on irc)
Ok, here goes... Great that you're gonna update, your script is absolute win!

- Extra fine adjustments... Now, the minimum distance you can move an object is 0.0625, with caps lock on... How 'bout shift+caps lock to move by 0.0125?

- Better yet, allow us to enter a value for sides and position. As in, move object roughly into position, click on coordinate, entry box pops up, enter fine tuned position/size.

- If possible, suppress the chat function (bad) or don't use the enter keys (good). As it is, chat function interferes when moving selection and saving mod.

- Bind adjustment keys to axes, independent of camera position, to avoid confusion. I.e. 6-4 always adjusts X value, 2-8 adjusts Y, etc.

- Being able to move selection the other way would be nice. Maybe pgup/pgdn instead of enter?

- For purposes of adding joints: make sure the axis is visible somehow, for ease of rotation.

- A cute little function that derives engage distance from the Y coordinate of an object and adds it to the mod when exported would be win.

- And finally... This just sprung to mind... But when you've developed a script that can modify both objects and joints, why not 'let it loose' on tori and uke themselves? You'd go from World Builder to Mod Builder...
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Originally Posted by Skazz View Post
- And finally... This just sprung to mind... But when you've developed a script that can modify both objects and joints, why not 'let it loose' on tori and uke themselves? You'd go from World Builder to Mod Builder...

set_joint_position doesnt work properly.
Therefore stopping any "Mod Builders" from being made atm (unless he used spheres instead of joints, but idk)
:D
Ok, this all sounds doable.
I'm probably going to spend some time and give the gui a decent overhaul. As it stands, it is very hard to add graphical gui elements and link them to controls. Will have to dev a little window handling library. I have one I had started on before, I will try to get it done to toss into WB. As far as the rest, it sounds good. A few comments:
- Extra fine adjustments... Now, the minimum distance you can move an object is 0.0625, with caps lock on... How 'bout shift+caps lock to move by 0.0125?

Will do this after i get window system in... Planning to have a configuration tab where you can set move distances, also adding snap and freemove.
- Better yet, allow us to enter a value for sides and position. As in, move object roughly into position, click on coordinate, entry box pops up, enter fine tuned position/size.

Another window replacing the 'i' button information on the right. All the numbers will be in editable boxes, able to type in new value and hit button to update.
- If possible, suppress the chat function (bad) or don't use the enter keys (good). As it is, chat function interferes when moving selection and saving mod.

That's fixed already (the good way, lol), just not in distribution.
- Bind adjustment keys to axes, independent of camera position, to avoid confusion. I.e. 6-4 always adjusts X value, 2-8 adjusts Y, etc.

Originally, WB was like this. A fair amount of people thought it was confusing though, so I moved to a perspective based system. I will probably have it be a toggle in the config pane.
- Being able to move selection the other way would be nice. Maybe pgup/pgdn instead of enter?

Lol, yeah. Good point. Pgup/Pgdwn is fairly natural choice for that. Also, it would be nice if I can to add an object tree for easier object selection. Just a thought.
- For purposes of adding joints: make sure the axis is visible somehow, for ease of rotation.

I will look into this. I just downloaded 3.3b, so I haven't had a chance to see what I will need to do about joints and stuff. I like the suggestion though
- A cute little function that derives engage distance from the Y coordinate of an object and adds it to the mod when exported would be win.

Sounds interesting, but would come after all the other stuff is stable. I'll keep it in mind

That's the game plan so far. I am definitely still open for suggestions though. Keep them rolling in people.
Make It alot easier to change the flags on objects.
Whenever I would change the flag on one object, and do that for the rest of them...
That first object that I added a flag to would change to the last flagged object.

Maybe a random color genorator.

Easier way to shape items.

I had made a thread about a "Weapon Builder" similar to world builder. Instead of making an enviroment you can make weapons. Maybe you can make that possible to.
[uncopyrightable]: I think Blam is the competition donater.
[Carrick]: donater? what does he do?
[WeRd]: donate.
-Full Void Packed- <<<<<http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=84398>>>>>
I like the color randomizer idea. As far as the flags, the way they are done will be redesigned.
I'll test and see if the objects are more stable in 3.3. If so then I will raise the cap.