Ranking
Original Post
[art]Holy **** it's a background!

I finally drew a nice looking background. I'm pretty proud of how it came out. I'd love some CnC.
it looks good, only thing I would do is to add harder contrast and some hard shadows on the "trees" below the creature
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
What I think the problem is here is that you are not using any bright or dark colors only midtoneish colors. You don't nessesarily need to go all the way white or all the way black, but a wider range would be nice I believe.

I also think that since this piece looks pretty linear in terms of light and color it has no place to rest your eye, no "focal point" as some would put it which makes it less interesting in general.

I really enjoy this drawing tho, the anatomy looks ok enough and the forest looks like it has some depth to it which I like very much.
Last edited by Ezeth; Feb 28, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Thanks. I'll have to experiment with some darker and lighter tones then. I'll post whatever I come up with on this thread. And with the focal point; how do I create one? Should I just make some area a little brighter? Thank you for the comment ^^
Well there are many ways to do this, you can make the edges of the picture less interesting than the main character or main area you want to focus on. Make the character more detailed than the rest, make the light shine on him or behind him or just make him brighter, basically what ever you have to do to make him/her/it stand out from the rest of the drawing.

If you want some inspiration I got a very nice favorite gallery.
http://zetpk.deviantart.com/favourites/
Last edited by Ezeth; Feb 28, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Both left legs/arms, don't fit in too much with the branch they are holding on. Try blending them in with the branches.

I really do like the muscle designs.

I think darker shadows right below the creature would make things look even better
I love the vines on the branches.

Overall, I'd say that I'd be happy with this picture as a background on my PC
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Try to make the skin colour of The Animal with that of the background for some great effects.
The one and only TGLx. The Toribash King.
Whoa.
Now Thats Just Fine.
The Shading Is Incredibly Awsome,
Nice Cartoony Style.
Looks Great.
No Complaints.