Toribash
Original Post
[DISC]Toribash Song
OK, I've had a "dream" of making a song that would fit Toribash... Like a tribute.

It's not like gag or parody song, but something moody, serious. So... I thought I'd do just that. Holidays are knocking on my door and in a few days' time, I'll have all the time in the world to get busy.

So, I mean, what do you think? It will probably be sometime until I have something that is not a draft and I will probably finish it in less that a couple of months.

My main music making tool is FL Studio. You are welcome to contribute.

Drum n Bass will probably be the way to go, but nothing hardcore, just the adrenaline feel to it and eventually some Jazzy/Trip-Hop elements to make it original.

Eventually, if this works out, I'll make a video of the song with some of my best replays. Again, I'm not very good at video making, so You will be welcome to contribute.

Forum member 'Pilas' participates in my musical projects, so I'm ought to get his support.

You can start posting ideas if you are music maker or just want to give an opinion about the project. Any eventual (am I using the word eventual too many times) FL users can send me their .flp's by e-mail.

When I get something, I'll post an mp3 or a link to it so as to get feedback.

So, who's with me?
Last edited by ShevDoctor; Jun 12, 2008 at 01:25 PM.
Enjoy it,

I think it will be naf personally, and a couple of months to write a simple jingle for a game D: thats quite long

Im not into frooty loops or shit like that, but I guess you will be able to appeal to the people that are interested.
..|.,
U1V1
I am not exactly writing for the game. It's a song inspired by the game and what it represents. It will not be a jingle, but a normal song. IDK, about 4+ minutes. Second, I'm not dedicating this full time, so until the song is COMPLETELY finished (including perfect mixing, final effects, etc.), it MIGHT take a while. Besides, I have other projects to attend. And enjoying my holidays as well.

I was presenting an idea and I hope I won't be alone in this. Hope it's clear now...
Last edited by ShevDoctor; Jun 10, 2008 at 07:10 PM.
In that case I wish you luck

a song inspired by the game. Uh it might not be a great song then. :/ But for your sake I hope it is ...have fun
..|.,
U1V1
Originally Posted by ShevDoctor View Post
Are you questioning the quality of Toribash? :P

Um yes.....there are better games out there
..|.,
U1V1
Originally Posted by Velve View Post
Um yes.....there are better games out there

i disagree with that but what ever maybe you should offer a prize

i think Techno would fit TB better like... Daft Punk (<-- FTW)
Now with 100% less angst
Uhm... I wasn't planning on making it totally DnB, not even close, but as I love Daft Punk, I had some elements saved for them... But what Daft style are you talking about specifically? Around the World-like doesn't fit TB at all, at least IMO. "Short Circuit" would be more like it...

But what I had in mind was something like this:

-Smooth start, some pads zooming around, a distant bass playing... until SMASH! Here comes the real thing. DnB-like drums (not exactly the same type, but more or less like it). Lots of effects storming, like high passes and stuff, flanger use (this is electronic music gibberish).

IDK, lots of things can be explored through tori... The combat, the honor, the preparing and the arousal of the battle, you name it.
Originally Posted by Madgecko11 View Post
...i think Techno would fit TB better like... Daft Punk (<-- FTW)

Agreed, Daft Punk FTW but yeah...
Techno suits Toribash and I think this could work well as a collabiration
Your neighbourhood amateur DJ here reporting for duty
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=29504
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=110356