Toribash
Original Post
Fluid Blood Problem
Hey, I recently upgraded my operating system (specs in a second) and was thrilled to find that my ATI Radeon X600 Pro ran shaders....Most of them.
My problem is that, while every other shader runs fine, fluid blood is a bunch of bouncing black squares. I looked in the console for an error message, but did not see any. Anyone have suggestions?
Specs:
17" imac G5
512mb DDr2 Ram
ATI Radeon X600 Pro 128mb graphics card
OS 10.5.4

Also, people have told me to update the drivers, however, I cannot find my graphics card on the ATI website, which leads me to believe all the drivers are included in the System Update.
i gues i can only run shaders to some extent.
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
Yea, really looks like the blood just won't work with your card on OSX 10 (as opposed to Windows :P). I've never thought that Fluid Blood was one of the better features anyway - the blood textures often overlap, which looks odd, and they aren't affected by lighting, most noticeably in darker shaders, and the feature requires a fair bit of graphical processing. If you're planning on using shaders other than default.inc, I don't think the feature is worth the time in the first place.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Thats interesting... from the videos it seems cool, but with your spin on it, well normal toriblood seems pretty adequate. Ugh I hate operating system problems... Anyway, thanks.