Ranking
Original Post
/downloadmod suggestion
So it's like how you download skins but with /downloadmod or /dlmod. Like with skins, it's only ONE mod. I get kinda tired of going to the forum and looking for the mod I want; I can sometimes be in a place where I can't use the internet.
Last edited by Nagato; May 25, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Eh, you realize you'll have to have internet to download mods even if your idea was implemented?

Anyways, you have a point in that it's a bother to go on forums, download the mod, and then manually move it to a certain folder. There's always /rec, but it requires your opponent to have the mod you want to download.
I don't beliveve it could be that hard to code, either, as /rec does basically the same thing.

(Undeleted, thought the previous post settled the matter)
Last edited by Lazors; May 25, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
If you don't have the mod for the specific mod yo¨want to put in the /set mod, how are you suppose to load it? You DOWNLOAD the mod, not SET the mod.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
i thought that this command also download mod
so i support your suggestion
Originally Posted by HYPN0SIS View Post
what do you mean? downloading a mod? you can just go pick a mod

Some servers use mods that might not be in your Mods list. Like older or recently uploaded mods.
If the mod is an online enabled one then it should automatically download when you join a server, the client also does a mod download on startup.
(which is the short performance dip you get during the first few seconds)

Offline mods (the ones not added to the mod uploader) aren't there for the client to grab, hence causing the problem the OP is wanting to solve.

Really this could be done without having to add an extra command simply by having users adding their mods to the uploader (laziness is the only reason why they don't) and improving the reliability of the client's mod autodownloader.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you