Ranking
Original Post
Suicide can be considered selfish?
Before i speak, the kind of suicide im talking about isn't the bullying stuff, this is something that somebody would either attempt for attention and not do it or they will try to because they are unhappy for reasons that can be fixed. Ok now firstly, i was in a server with somebody and they came up with this comment. I guess he meant that people are too selfish to appreciate life like others and just end it without thinking about everybody around, their friends, family, BF/GF or anybody else. Just like 9/11 ( if it was actually planned by terrorists ) ended their lives without thinking about others making his Suicide, selfish. Bullying somebody up to the suicidal point is just being a total asshole who is playing the role of Satan. Ending your life and hurting others emotionally because of a wedding, house, person u dont know ect.... is what this person said would be selfish. What are your guys opinion on this? If you haven't picked it up, i didnt think that suicide was selfish so dont hate. Im just sharing what somebody said and see what you guys think.
blue
pink
Depends.
Monks setting themselves on fire are certainly far, far away from being selfish.
A teenage emo chick killing herself to hurt her parents is a selfish bitch.
All depends on motives. ;o

Also, I advice you use paragraphs in your future posts. Reading walls of texts can be tiresome without good formatting. This one isn't too long so it's aight.
nigerian PM
Originally Posted by Kradel
this is something that somebody would either attempt for attention and not do it

Then it's not suicide
Originally Posted by Kradel
they will try to because they are unhappy for reasons that can be fixed.

Depressed people are suffering from a mental disorder and don't think rationally. This is like judging someone for having cancer.

Suicide can really only be considered "selfish" (that's such a horrifically petty word to apply to such a tragic idea that hurts everyone) when someone is dependent upon you entirely, like a child.

Originally Posted by Sacrafan
A teenage emo chick killing herself to hurt her parents is a selfish bitch.

Haha yeah, it's so selfish of her to give up everything she knows and loves and wants.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Okay, and i see your point there. with the Monks and Emo's, or atleast certain Emos
-----
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
Then it's not suicide

Depressed people are suffering from a mental disorder and don't think rationally. This is like judging someone for having cancer.

Suicide can really only be considered "selfish" (that's such a horrifically petty word to apply to such a tragic idea that hurts everyone) when someone is dependent upon you entirely, like a child.

Im not supporting this for approve or against, im just sharing so this isnt my original idea or whatever this is called. Just sharing and seeing what you guys think. Somebody said this to me, this isnt my own words.
Last edited by Kradel; Jun 9, 2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post

Haha yeah, it's so selfish of her to give up everything she knows and loves and wants.

Yes, if it's for the purpose of hurting others who care for you it is.
As I said, it all depends on motives. Some motives are selfish, some are not.
I'd say most motives that make you commit suicide are not selfish because depression is probably the main reason people do it.
nigerian PM
Originally Posted by Sacrafan View Post
Yes, if it's for the purpose of hurting others who care for you it is.
As I said, it all depends on motives. Some motives are selfish, some are not.
I'd say most motives that make you commit suicide are not selfish because depression is probably the main reason people do it.

"self·ish
/ˈselfiSH/
Adjective
(of a person, action, or motive) Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure."

If that is the definition you want, I would say suicide is selfish, but how would the person committing suicide get pleasure/profit from ending their live? They would think they are getting relief, not pleasure.

And how do you know their motive is to hurt people who care for them? Do you have magical powers that you can talk to them in afterlife?

Oh, I took that in wrong then, I want to know why someone would commit suicide for pleasure and how it would profit them. Just curious since I am not that smart in this topic.