Ranking
Original Post
[R] Help.
I need help understanding flames. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

So i just started up Toribash again, earned a bit of TC and bought a flame particle texture from the market.

I was thinking you upload like a picture to the texture and it makes the flame? or a solid colour sort of thing, but i do this and nothing showing up.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Despite being in the incorrect section, I guess I can shed some light on the topic, it'll be moved by a mod to the correct section in no time.

Right, so a flame particle textures does not create a flame.

The flame particle texture only contributes is only a cosmetic item, so it only changes the shape and sometimes even the color of the flame(s).

However, not all flames are effected by flame particles, otherwise known as FPT -short for Flame Particle Texture.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Moved to Beginner Sanctuary.

The texture is by no means required, no.

It's optional and used to visually alter the particle emission.
BAD LUCK
Can someone also explain to me how pricing works. Any flame i try to make costs a bomb! why do people make and sell at a lower price?
Originally Posted by instagib View Post
Can someone also explain to me how pricing works. Any flame i try to make costs a bomb! why do people make and sell at a lower price?

All the flames that you see have been in the market for quite some time likely. The prices have decreased steadily over time and thus they are what they are today. Originally they all cost a large chunk at one point or another.

On another note, here is a tutorial on making flames: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...ht=flame+forge