Ranking
Original Post
wushu/aikido/taekkyon ladder and custom game
I think will be nice to devide "official mods ladder" and custom game rooms like it is in starcraft and other cybersport games.
Deviding into begginer, intermediate, semipro, black belt and ultimate rooms cant add to the game competitive element.
So you mean like, if your rank 1 in aikido you will be shown as top of the leaderboard? And maybe the leader board should only show the top 10 players in game and can be accessed by /lb (leader board) (problem is /lb is already a command) and on forums (if this ever gets added) it could be added under the Mod section.
blue
pink
Yes, what this game needs is yet another incentive for elo farmers.
The big difference between the exports-scene in general and the gameplay of toribash is 1) the value of a single game (2 minutes perhaps) versus 10 to 40 minutes depending on the game (examples: CS, SC2, LOL), if perhaps a round of toribash consisted of lets say 5 bouts (minimum) for elo, then it would add a value, but right now it's like having leaderboards for the K/D in LOL without valuing and counting the games you win.
Last edited by Smogard49; Dec 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: if you don't like my rhetoric here, see each engage as a duel, or each round as a duel.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
news
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/120...der-18-12-2013
-----
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
So you mean like, if your rank 1 in aikido you will be shown as top of the leaderboard? And maybe the leader board should only show the top 10 players in game and can be accessed by /lb (leader board) (problem is /lb is already a command) and on forums (if this ever gets added) it could be added under the Mod section.

no, i mean that elo, like it is now, sux. I want to move from bronze league to grand master like it is in sc.
Last edited by Andrsabaka; Dec 18, 2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The problem with implementing elo and ladders at the same time when not having players face other players from the same ladder is that the amount of elo lost to someone who is not on similar level as you (if you rank a lot higher) reduces your elo points way too much and vice versa, the workaround here would not work (as in dota, sc2, lol etc) where you rank people in different ladders and have them face opponent in the same "vicinity of skill" and thus rank.

Now with toribashs' large community (erm...) such a solution does not seem viable, and random games (random opponent) should also ONLY count towards your rank (erm...).

So practically this becomes a no-no within the current setup of toribash, and remaking the system to support such a ladder system would not work due to the low amount of players, so it really becomes catch 22 to implement such a system here.

EDIT, SC2, DOTA2, and LOL utilises systems similar or identical to the elo system (with a few modifications through "voting" on performances of other players)
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!