Ranking
Original Post
[WiP]Aiming Targeter Ghost!
Yesterday in the CBK server, someone was complaining how they couldn't tell if they would hit the other person in arm cannon, and would like having some way of knowing where the cube..rocket..thingy would go.

Then I got an idea...

I remembered from having fun with the light dagger script that it would project spheres from your wrist to follow your hand movements.

Using this concept, I modified it so that the sphere is further out (and not instagib) so that you could use it to see where your "hand" would go.

Sadly, I could not figure out how to make both "Uke" and "Tori" have aimers, for only Tori has it. But, this can be useful to predict where your opponent's hand will hit you and can allow you to dodge accordingly.

Aside from using the general concept of light dagger and glowing joints for reference, I have trialed and errored this all on my own. It took me an afternoon of testing and determination, but it is still pretty glitchy, and the red sphere isn't perfectly aligned.

Though it has problems, I still hope you find this useful. I'm not sure if it would work too well, but this might work in dual pistols.

Suggestions and constructive critisism would be nice!

Attached Files
aimingtargeterbeta.lua (1.5 KB, 82 views)
Last edited by SrgtCorn; Aug 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM.
[CBK]
Originally Posted by Tortle View Post
I thought this was like for comebacks and shiz... <.<

...?

What exactly do you mean by that?
[CBK]
Like it would highlight what joints and what you need to do in say comeback in a certain amount of space apart.
ayylmaos are real
That was me, it was my first time playing ArmCannon and i struggled to aim at the enemy. Ill use this.

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========
Like it would highlight what joints and what you need to do in say comeback in a certain amount of space apart.

Hmm... That's a good idea. Sounds like it would be pretty complicated, though. =/

EDIT: I just noticed, the spheres don't apear until the first frame has passed. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried using the new_game hook, but all they would do is appear and stay where they are. =/
Last edited by SrgtCorn; Aug 1, 2008 at 11:52 PM.
[CBK]

Borders on a wushu-bot, methinks ?
wait, it only shows as different when you space, and by then you've already fired
On 18, 2008 of the year August, we shall have tea. The following day we eat anyone wearing purple clothes. Then we get into tanks, drive a mile away from each other, and start firing random shells into the air. First one to hit the other tank gets a 5 second head start in the 1 legged race.

In the one legged race, you will be hogtied and forced to compete in the Boston marathon using your penis only. We shall also set down bear traps, landmines, barbed wire, and floating thumbs. Your penis will be painted to resemble an illusion that looks like a 3-D steak; as a result, several Dobermen and Rottweilers we will be taking for a walk that morning which have been starved the previous week may attack.
Originally Posted by grumpyman2 View Post
wait, it only shows as different when you space, and by then you've already fired

Thus the problem I can't figure out. =/

Any ideas on how to fix? I'm stumped and just gave up.
Last edited by SrgtCorn; Aug 2, 2008 at 03:46 AM.
[CBK]