Ranking
Original Post
Relax/grab threshold in mods
How about an option to enable a "relax threshold" where a hit strong enough might cause a certain joint to relax. For example a hit to the chest might cause the chest to relax (At least until the player's next turn). Perhaps it could be such that hitting a joint hard will also cause adjacent joints to relax

Also a "grab threshold" where a player's grab will be removed if the wrist/hand is hit hard enough.

I think that this might lead to some interesting game modes
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
it's going to be even lower than the normal dm threshold, to the point where a touch relaxes everything on the tori.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
How about an option to enable a "relax threshold" where a hit strong enough might cause a certain joint to relax. For example a hit to the chest might cause the chest to relax (At least until the player's next turn). Perhaps it could be such that hitting a joint hard will also cause adjacent joints to relax

Also a "grab threshold" where a player's grab will be removed if the wrist/hand is hit hard enough.

I think that this might lead to some interesting game modes

so you want a relax threshhold added to the already existing fracs?
i dont see that work at all.

grab threshhold has been discussed before by snake i believe.
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Well, you could remove the fracs in some mod and replace it with the relax threshold. It has the advantage of not completely screwing up the opponent and allowing him to recover while still giving you an advantage.

Can someone link me to the grab threshold thread?
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
while grab threshold is a must with rework of grab mechanics from solid line conection to ball axis with 360, 360, 360 on x y z. or Wii type of grabs

being unable to break grab is annoying as hell, and deformations of tori-body due solid line connection.

relax threshold is great idea aswell, tho it may be called pain threshold, so when you are hit quite hard your may loose control over your arm for a few frames as response to physical pain.

5-10 frames should be good enough, so toribash would not end up into stun-lock game, but have some neat feature that will make quality difference in gameplay.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15