Ranking
Original Post
AMD or Intel?
So I'm getting a new computer for Christmas and I was wondering which cpu would be better for streaming/recording and also a good motherboard.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FBsRhM <-- that's my system build I'm looking to get and I'm debating if I should get a Sapphire R9 290 or EVGA GTX 970
Thanks.
Last edited by BuZe; May 1, 2015 at 06:50 PM.
The 970 is insane, really nice card. But it all depends on what you're planning to do with the computer. I have the EVGA 980 superclocked in mine and I love it. It can run everything I need to, some say it's overkill but I don't care, I know I won't need to upgrade for a long time. When it really comes down to it though, it's mostly just the little things, interface, price, quietness, how well it can handle a workload, size, etc. If you want my opinion, I love AMD, but go with the 970. That's a completely biased opinion and I don't care, I love my EVGA card, so whatever.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
as a owner of a older amd 6950hd, who recently changed to a asus 980, i'd most definently say that you should go for the 980.
M I N I V A N
So it looks like it's the 970 or 980 from you two above me. 970 is better for the price but 980 will only give a noticable frame rate difference at higher resolutions like 4k, from what I've heard. I have a 970 and I get like 120 fps on everything, I feel a 980 is overkill unless you have like a 4k screen or something. But definitely go with one of those two, not an r9. The physX effect you get wi th Nvidia alone is worth paying a little extra.
(Origin)
Originally Posted by iIluminati View Post
So it looks like it's the 970 or 980 from you two above me. 970 is better for the price but 980 will only give a noticable frame rate difference at higher resolutions like 4k, from what I've heard. I have a 970 and I get like 120 fps on everything, I feel a 980 is overkill unless you have like a 4k screen or something. But definitely go with one of those two, not an r9. The physX effect you get wi th Nvidia alone is worth paying a little extra.

^shadowplay too.

the difference between 980 and 970 is barely anything, as stated above. what benchmarkings tells me, is that it may only be a 2-5 fps difference between the two cards.
if you're going for price, go for the 970 (i'd say go for the asus one, because of it's extra silent and cool gaming thingy, and size). if you're planning to build a monster though, go for the 980. personally i plan to buy another 980 and make it sli. yes, i'm building a monster.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
~1tb of total memory

While technically correct, no one calls is that - gave me a laugh seeing you call it that.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
While technically correct, no one calls is that - gave me a laugh seeing you call it that.

lol well then
Originally Posted by monkeyapex View Post
What processor you upgrading to?

whatever decent i7 i can find
M I N I V A N