Toribash
Original Post
Good Deal on Laptop?
k, long story short, my gaming desktop has been old for a while and bugging out on me, I've been thinking of fixing it up and updating it, but then I realized the motherboard would need to be replaced, I'd need to redo the cooling, I'd need to buy a lot more ram because some of my sticks died on me, the graphics card is defective etc. etc. so I'm saying fuck it and just getting a new computer because it'd cost about the same as fixing it.

This time I want a laptop for portability. I did a look around for something that would last me for a couple years, yet wasn't too pricey, because I know laptops are pretty price gougey. I mainly want a good graphics card, large amount of RAM, large screen, a good motherboard, and an SSD for the OS. I set an upper limit of $2000 and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834232203

It fits what I want, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of any better options, or if I'm possibly overkilling on features. Or if this is fine and I should just go ahead with it.

I'm probably going to purchase it, or an alternative, in a month or two when I get a few more paychecks in, so there's no hurry if you want to help me out on this.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
No no no asus don't make good computers believe me
-----
i had one and it broke down a year in working i say no
-----
And also i'd suggest HP or Dell, Hp makes good laptops ( im using one atm ) and dell makes BEASTS of pc's
Last edited by ancient; May 3, 2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
I wouldn't go with ASUS, I've found that they either break or slow down quite quickly. My brother's had an ASUS gaming laptop for 4 years now, and it's ridiculously slow and loud. It started off fast but slowed down after a year, the fan sounds like it's having a heart attack.

Link
This is very similar to what I'm using, and I haven't had any slow downs for about 6 months. Mine has a marginally weaker i7 (2.40Ghz) and less HDD. Otherwise they're the same. The only things you might not like is the lack of a mechanical keyboard, but what else were you expecting from a laptop. The screen refresh is a bit low but I've never been bothered by it. Also, it's never overheated on me, only gotten warm once, from running like 3 demanding games at the same time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
The size of the SSD on it is a bit small for my tastes. 8 GB might cover the OS at best, I'd prefer to have some more space for a few of my more played games so I can load in faster than my vent buddies and laugh at them for having an inferior potato.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
for asus laptops, i have no idea what they are like performance like.
if you take the advices above, and look for something else, be careful if you ever come across msi.
they're.. unstable. i own one, and it was superb the first couple of weeks. now, about a year later or so, it's been in for repairing three times, and soon a fourth time.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
for asus laptops, i have no idea what they are like performance like.
if you take the advices above, and look for something else, be careful if you ever come across msi.
they're.. unstable. i own one, and it was superb the first couple of weeks. now, about a year later or so, it's been in for repairing three times, and soon a fourth time.

Believe me asus laptops are bad, and also oracle i suggest you buy HP laptops or if you want a beast PC buy Dell, anyway im a huge fan of your replays I hope you choose the best computer you can have

cash to burn
Always go for an MSI if you want a gaming laptop is what I'll say.
Asus makes decent PC's but they can break down and Acer used to use tape in their laptops
I think tape says enough quality wise for Acer.
(Dell is overpriced as shit plz don't buy)
•[Wapow]••Flame••Error••Hattersin••Cheshyre••BetxOnxM e•
Originally Posted by EvoSoda View Post
(Dell is overpriced as shit plz don't buy)

Only for poor people ;o

cash to burn
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
Only for poor people ;o

The fuck is wrong with you?

I'd check out Cyber Power PCs or MSI.

My brother has the Cyber Power Xplorer. The thing's a beast.
Last edited by lillian; May 4, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Dell is overpriced as hell, ASUS have terrible build quality and customer service.

+1 for MSI
I don't know Cyber Power PCs.
Also suggesting Clevo Metaboxes, good quality.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff