Toribash
Original Post
[Ascend] Official Boxed In Development Thread

Welcome to the official Boxed In development thread.

The Team
Xyfe - Xyfe is our only Programmer, also had developed the main idea of Tainted Mind.
Rhydin - Rhydin is our main Artist, he works night and day just to get everything done to a pristine quality.

In this thread, i will be going through many things which are to do with anything that us at Boxed In are developing. The main topic which will be discussed here will be Tainted Mind. Which is our upcoming game "Tainted Mind". Quite a lot of people who i have discussed Tainted Mind with have shunned it off as a wannabee of games such as Super Meat Boy. It is true that we have taken inspiration from games such as Super Meat Boy,Shovel Knight and the various nostalgic platformers from former generations. However we prefer to call it something that is a mashup of everything which is great from those games.

Insert Tainted Mind Logo here

Tainted Mind is Boxed In's first title, right now there is no consistant ETA on the Beta release as i have had multiple implications and circumstances happen around me to stop me from actually consistently programming Tainted mind as much as i would actually want to. However i can guarantee that a playable version of Tainted Mind will be out before the end of this year.

Whilst playing the game you are going though many stages which resemble the ideas and thoughts which happen to you whilst you are going through depression. Visual representation of the ups and downs during the game are the fact that the environment will change during the game, as progression will be shown visually by the environment changing around you as you are going through the different levels of the stages.

After a long converstion with Rhydin, we were able to come to the conclusion that we would prefer to have the game have no powerups at all, but have collectable content. Which allows you to wear costumes such as a Rainbow Unicorn Hoodie.

Collectables

Collectables will be available in each level, each time you gather a new collectible it will allow you to get the costumes such as the recently mentioned Rainbow Unicorn Hoodie. New collectables are coming into creation every day, both visually and conceptually.

If anyone here has an idea for possible costume, please hit me in this thread.

Added the clan tag to the title. Good luck with your game man. Hope it'll go places
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
If i got u right ur doing a whole stand alone game?

----------------------------------------------------------

Ur avatar reminds me doctor Regal from Megaman battle network heh)
Last edited by Azumiar; May 15, 2015 at 08:02 PM.
~Never give up~
gl with the game, and do ascend members get bonuses in the game? ;U;
-----
and for your character, keep it simple at first like a red shirted-joe or an old man with a leaf on his crorch
Last edited by Lust; May 15, 2015 at 08:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Originally Posted by Azumiar View Post
If i got u right ur doing a whole stand alone game?

Yes, together myself and Rhydin are creating a complete standalone game in Unity 5.

Originally Posted by eki27 View Post
gl with the game, and do ascend members get bonuses in the game? ;U;
-----
and for your character, keep it simple at first like a red shirted-joe or an old man with a leaf on his crorch

As i said in the OP, there will be no actual type of "bonus" as you say, as the majority of the stuff will be vanity. With a few tiny exceptions. Rhae had given me the idea of before i put this game up on kickstarter to release a Beta build to the inhabitants of Ascend. Which i will probably do just so i know if there are any serious bugs which would impact the game drastically.

As for our character, we have actually gotten our character done, which in later posts as we should have the animation done. Allowing me to show everyone who views this post something about what we have been doing for the past few months.

Originally Posted by Azumiar View Post
2d or 3d?also what tyepe of a game?shooter?platformer etc?

It is a 2d Platformer.

Yes, 2d platformed shooter would be cool, but meh
Ah well gl man i tried whith those game devoloping hard thig tho.Making textures,sounds,scripting,level design just to much preasure for 1 guy tho.gl gl
~Never give up~
Wait, what engine do you guys use?