Ranking
Original Post
You can find the original thread here. Anyway how do you guys feel about it, personally im stoked. Hopefully this helps monitor or reward(i'm not sure which yet) farming a little bit. But honestly any change at this point makes me happy. We'll see I guess.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
I love the idea, though there are some flaws I am glad to see that the admins actually listen to the demands of the players.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
Yeah if i remember correctly this idea was thought up by a player first(or at least i remember reading a suggestion similar) if anyone can find the original link That would be cool. I remember someone in either Discussion or Suggestions mentioning a new ranking system, and then someone else listed a few small bugs that Hampa could fix before overhauling the rank system. I wanna say Dropkick had something to do with it also.
Can't wait till the idea is finalized till then I am liking what hampa is doing with tb.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
This is the most esports idea I have ever seen.

Should be good to keep players from keeping good ranks through inactivity.
#esports

But really I hope there is a decay to further discourage afk farming then not playing for 3 weeks, something like -5 elo if you dont play like 10 matches during the week. I mean if someone has unique circumstances where they cant play, A. They would miss the end of the month event thing, and B. they would have another shot the next month anyway.
Originally Posted by Cheshyre View Post
This is the most esports idea I have ever seen.

I can't tell if this is a joke but I'm going to treat it like it's not. In what way is trying to fix the ranking system 'esports'? There is already a ranking system, the idea is just to make it so rankings actually mean something more than before, for the players who like ranks. Also to stop people farming for rank. Please, in what way is it even remotely 'esports' to try and fix it? If anything, it makes the game LESS 'esports', as people will no longer by just playing to win in non-ranked servers.

Furthermore, I wish people would stop using the word 'esports' like it's an automatic insult. I don't like competitive gaming personally but it's now the most irritating, comformative thing how everyone in this community is like 'OMG ESPORTS SO LAME' whenever anything remotely competitive is being introduced.

In terms of the new ranking system - I think once it's added to public/blackbelt servers, it could work ok. The elo system hasn't changed (although, not sure if there's anything genuinely efficacious you could actually change it to), but I can only see these changes improving things. However, if ranked matches remain only happening in tourney servers, then ranks will have even less meaning than previously (ranks only being determined from matches in a few select mods, and not necessarily the most competitive ones).
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
I think once this goes into effect on August 1st, I will probably like it. Not super hyped like everyone else. I am just slow.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Anything to a new direction will be good. just hoping that its not only ABD/lenshu. Also What Moop said about esports.

"Furthermore, I wish people would stop using the word 'esports' like it's an automatic insult. I don't like competitive gaming personally but it's now the most irritating, comformative thing how everyone in this community is like 'OMG ESPORTS SO LAME' whenever anything remotely competitive is being introduced. "
"I wouldnt mind Toribash Esports scene, because then i could be a pro gamer." ~Me thinking im good at this game

But really i wouldnt mind an actual competitive scene.