Toribash
Original Post
Does anyone care about texture art anymore?
I mean, obviously, some of you do, as there are a few [B] threads on the art and textures board, but I'm looking for answers on a wider scale. Being a texture collector, I am very disappointed and frankly a little pissed off at the lack of any good art being produced. I understand it is the result of older artists moving on and not enough new players being introduced to fill their shoes, but I've also noticed most people don't seem to care, and here's why:

I hardly see any users in-game anymore that wear full, quality texture sets. The art and texture board is ridden with the same people producing the same low-quality work, and whenever something good is actually posted ( a rare occasion), the thread gets flooded with lowball offers or the thread garners no posts at all, no high offers. This can't be the result of nobody having the TC to buy, there are many rich players. Lastly, there is no buzz over art anymore. I don't see anyone really speaking out about the dead status of the art community, and I don't see many people trying to change it.

My question is, does anybody care all that much? Should we just let this aspect of the game die?
Don't forget to mention the folks that like to take advantage of that, and take someone's work and free textures, and literally sell it for more.
Tyzo: Haunted Memes can't crush Obey's Dreams.
Yay: But RelaxAll can crush Obey's Balls.
When you say "good" and "bad" it is based on what you think is good or bad.
Everyone does not have to agree, maybe for some the art you think is bad is good and the art you think is bad someone think is good. I do agree on the point that tb is in need of more/better artists.
I actually do care about how my player looks. You want to scare your opponent, and if you don't have a good quality set, you just started your match one step below.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
I mean, i'm concerned for the state of texture maker's, yeah, but just because are first major art phase has since then sailed off doesn't mean we'll never have a major art boom again.
But it's not here right now, and that's sad :CCCCC

The art community is definitely not at its best. I just wish that when all the really good texture artists moved on with their lives, they left behind resources to help newer texture artists fill their shoes.
obviously i'd love to have a top notch texture set but it really isn't worth spending my money on, thus i don't have anything.
dreamy suicide act
i feel as if everyone is running out of TC so we can't afford it, and mainly the creators want cnc and not for it to be bought. if we had enough then yeah, lots of people would have full sets. but I cannot deny that more artists are going inactive and less sets are being provided

I care a lot about the art textures, maybe like me they don't bother posting on forums anymore,
|Evil|
I don't exist