Ranking
Original Post
Graphics card isn't working anymore
Before a month ago, I moved the computer place, suddenly after that the graphics card didn't work anymore.
And when I plug the graphics card into the computer and turn it on, The computer won't work at all.
This is very weird, I don't know what happened, I need help
Last edited by Ihab7; Jan 29, 2016 at 12:02 AM.
Can you please provide a pcpartpicker list with all your specs, as well as pictures of the interior of your PC? You have provided very little info, so I can't offer much right now.
I don't know if this helps but in the past there's been a bug with Windows 10 where the computer fails to initialize/wake up the graphics card. So far there isn't any real fix besides some speculation that graphics drivers need to be updated.

Another suggestion that I have is that perhaps you haven't got enough power from the PSU heading to your graphics card. (Or perhaps the power supply is going out and not providing the watts it used to.) Most computers, such as Dell, have only a 300 watt PSU in them at the time of purchase unless you go out and get a seperate unit.

Hopefully I'm not spouting out bull shit but I could be. Those are just some of the solutions I had to my graphics card not working completely (or at all).
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
I don't know if this helps but in the past there's been a bug with Windows 10 where the computer fails to initialize/wake up the graphics card. So far there isn't any real fix besides some speculation that graphics drivers need to be updated.

Another suggestion that I have is that perhaps you haven't got enough power from the PSU heading to your graphics card. (Or perhaps the power supply is going out and not providing the watts it used to.) Most computers, such as Dell, have only a 300 watt PSU in them at the time of purchase unless you go out and get a seperate unit.

Hopefully I'm not spouting out bull shit but I could be. Those are just some of the solutions I had to my graphics card not working completely (or at all).

None of those would be the issue if it occurred after moving the PC. It's a hardware issue, not a software issue, and we can't assist until he provides further information.
Could you please wait for tomorrow?
Because i don't know the exact speculation of my PC and the time here is 1:45 AM
The speculations I know are:
Graphics card: AMD Radeon
Ram: 4 GB
And if you want more information of what is happening.. Then this explains it more, I just want to add to what I said that I can turn on the PC when the graphics card isn't plugged into the PC, otherwise when the graphics card is plugged then the PC doesn't work at all
Last edited by Ihab7; Jan 28, 2016 at 11:55 PM.
You need to provide a full detailed part list. "AMD Radeon" is not a graphics card.
It supports the graphics card, like sponsors or something like that, and I can't provide full information right now :|
Yeah it's the product, that's all. Just respond when you have the full specs!
I'm speculating that his graphics card speculations are probably one of the older models. Kyure if the computer was moved roughly then something in his old graphic card probably just straight up broke. I agree more info would be helpful though. I'm also curious about this situation he has.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Full information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
1. System Type: x64-based PC
2. Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
3. Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
4. Total Physical Memory: 3.75 GB
5. Available Physical Memory: 2.20 GB
6. Total Virtual Memory: 7.49 GB
7. Available Virtual Memory: 5.55 GB
8. Resolution: 1440 x 900 x 59 hertz
9. Graphics card: Radeon HD 3850 X3