ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[READ THIS] Support Board Rules
Index
1. Usage of the Support board, as opposed to Rapid Threads
2. General Rules
3. Regarding scammers, hackers, flamers, etc.
4. About textures and items not showing up ingame
5. Regarding account sales
6. Regarding items sent to the wrong person
7. Regarding name changes
8. Regarding careless ToriShop purchasing
9. Regarding server problems

Using the Support board

The Support board is for troubleshooting Toribash or related issues. If you have a short, simple query (ie, "how many posts does it take to get forum rank x" or "what does this mean?"), it can go in the Rapid Threads board. Not here. You should only post a thread here if you are experiencing bugs, incompatibilities, or other issues.

General Rules

1. Type "I am having a problem with my shaders" instead of "my tori is bad it don't work plz help". In other words, type so other people can actually read it. If you are not too familiar with English, try to write it as best as possible.

2. Post titles that describe your problem briefly. People who know how to help will see it, and most likely reply. Please don't write generic things such as "help" as a title.

3. Please, remember to look in the FAQ's section before posting a topic, or if it does not turn up in there, do a search for your problem.

4. Post your computer specifications when dealing with performance issues.

5. No topics unrelated to Toribash and its forums.

6. Do not post a reply if something similar is already posted.

7. No spamming. If you aren't helping the person, don't post. If you have no help to offer, do not post at all. If you have something off-topic to ask or wish to talk to a poster on another subject irrelevant to the topic at hand, do so in a PM. If you cannot be bothered to read the entire thread (including, of course, what the problem actually is), then you should not be posting.

8. If someone is trying to help you, don't get angry, just tell them that it didn't work/didn't help. Don't call them stupid or other things, it will only keep people from helping you.

9. Don't complain about unfair server ops. We will just tell you to go to a different server. If a person of power is harassing you without a good reason, report them to a moderator (preferably on the forums). Do not report anyone with admin access without a good reason - it's a waste of our time.

Regarding Scammers, hackers, flamers, etc.

Please do not make threads about these people.

If you are dealing with a scammer:
  • Take a screenshot of the deal being made. (Use the F8 key ingame)
  • Take a screenshot of proof you didn't recieve the item and/or tc.
  • Private Message (PM) a Promo-Team member or a Super Moderator with all your proof. A list of moderators can be found on this page.
  • If you do not provide valid proof they will most likely not be able to assist you.

If you are dealing with a hacker:
  • If you notice any credits or items missing from your inventory check your account history found here.
  • Take a screenshot of your account history proving that someone did hack you.
  • PM skulfuk with all your proof. He will attempt to assist you from there. Please do not send more than one PM unless you have new information - he's likely a very busy man.

If you are dealing with a flamer:
Do not report people for use of bad language, minor spats, etc..
Only report users for flaming in the case of severe harassment and/or racist comments. If that is the case, take screenshots (F and send them to a Promo-Team member or a Super Moderator.

About textures and items not showing up ingame

We do not want any "please help my textures don't work" threads.
If you need help with items please refer to this post right here.

Regarding account sales

Guidelines:

If you are selling an account you must:
  • Take a screenshot of the sales thread
  • Take a screenshot of the buyer and you accepting
  • Take a screenshot of you receiving something in return

If you are buying an account you must:
  • Take a screenshot of the sales thread
  • Take a screenshot of the seller agreeing to the terms
  • Take a screenshot of the finished trade

Failure to follow these guidelines can result in a admin denouncing your plea for help. These guidelines exist to make our jobs easier, to help you, and to stop innocent people getting banned. We will not hesitate to turn you down if you fail to take any of these safety procedures.

Regarding sent items to the wrong person

If you have sent an item to the wrong person (ie, you entered the wrong name in the trasfer field), your item will not be returned to you to a person in power. Be careful when transferring items.

Regarding Name Changes

As of right now name changes are no longer allowed.
Name changes affect the database and customization of
players NEGATIVELY and have therefore permanently ceased. Do not PM anyone about changing your name. You are free to create another account if you wish.

Regarding careless ToriShop purchasing

You will not be officially refunded for careless purchases. If you've accidentally bought two left leg textures, you will not be refunded. Do not bother to ask.

Regarding server problems

If you are having problems connecting many servers that you should be
able to join, first check whether or not your firewall and/or internet settings have changed, make sure you can connect to the internet as normal, and if everything is as it should be, send a mail to [email protected]

Note: Do not send small server problems to the support email such as not being able to set a mod. Those are to be posted directly in the Support board on the forums.

If you are found to be breaking any of these rules, you will have a very high chance of being infracted and in serious cases, your account may be suspended.

filler
Last edited by 3vi1; May 24, 2009 at 04:13 PM.
Clarified rule 7. Note that I shall be getting tougher on users who ignore rules 2 and 7 in the near future.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Update on the thread+ stickie clean up preformed.

Everything in those stickies that have been deleted are informed in this thread now.
Thanks.
Failure to read the player's newspaper and FAQ could result in you being banned. Please search adequately before posting, or at least lie and say "I looked in the FAQ and the newspaper," because then we know you've read the rules.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Updated formatting. I shall be making an attempt to start enforcing these rules more feircely in the near future. You have been warned.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Updated again with rules regarding Rapid Threads
Support threads must have a + before their name when they're dealt with.

(I thought this rule had been posted, but, seemingly, Magix was not aware of it, so it better be here for future reference.)