Toribash
Original Post
(Art/Textures) Terms of Purchase - Rules
So as of late, well always actually, a lot of artists and people have been complaining about players making high quality textures free. While it is the right of a texture owner to make a texture free, I think it would be nice if the staff could add in a new rule that would allow for texture artists to add a "Terms of Purchase" to their textures.

What I'm thinking by this is simple, if someone creates a texture and then goes to sell it, they can include in the selling thread/PM a list of terms that the buyer must agree to in order to purchase the texture. The terms do not need to be verbally agree'd upon, they only need to be listed in the thread/PM that is selling the texture, clearly visible for the buyer to see.

The terms could be stuff such as:
-This texture may not be made free after purchase.
-No one may edit this texture, besides the original artist. (Recolors excluded)
-You may not resell this texture to anyone, besides selling the texture back to the artist.
-You may not share this texture with other players.
-If the account this texture was sold to ends up permanently banned, then the owner of the texture will relinquish ownership back to the original artist.

It would also be needed that when someone buys a texture, they should quote the Terms of Purchase in their last message, as to prevent any misunderstandings between the two parties. So if I buy a texture I will post "Sending the TC, please send the textures when you get online", then bellow that I will have a quote of the Terms of Purchase that the artist put in the original post. It will then be up to the artist to check the quote and make sure that nothing was edited without permission, this is also to make sure that the seller can't go back and change his Terms of purchase after the purchase was made. After that it will be considered a mutual agreement, and then enforceable by staff.

These are just some examples of stuff that an artist "could" do if staff would agree to add this to the official rules, and begin enforcing it. Feel free to debate the usefulness of this, and suggest anything else that needs be added to this idea.

X) Terms of Purchase(ToP) - The original artist of a texture may add a list of conditions to the purchase of said texture. The ToP must be clearly visible on the original post/PM selling the texture, editing the ToP after selling the texture will result in the original and new ToP being void. The buyer must quote the ToP in one of his posts/PMs offering to buy the texture. In order for staff to take action in the case of a violation, the accuser must supply a link to the thread with the texture and ToP; if the transaction happened via PM, then the accuser must provide a screenshot of the PM containing the full conversation and the ToP. Note that conversations via anything but the Toribash website will not count as valid evidence, that means things such as: Skype, Facebook, Email, Discord, etc...

If you appreciate this idea, then feel free to send me a PM full of praise, I am an attention whore you know.
Last edited by Kohta; Aug 4, 2016 at 07:12 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I think that expecting a game market dominated by - what I assume are - younguns is a little outlandish. I don't disagree with the concept, but the execution is worrysome. Not to mention that staff already has a lot on their plate. I think managing every little form violation is a little bit much.

I'd really love to see this, just not sure this is the place.
I think I might be retired.
The argument "staff already have enough to do" is a little half assed, I understand staff has stuff to do already, but that doesn't really justify ignoring the needs/wants of the community. While some of the players on Toribash may be young, that doesn't really make this rule any less valuable, even children have to follow rules. I mean thats like saying hey I'm 22, but I can't enforce rules around my art, because you're 12. I'm sure you can see how silly that seems when you actually visualize it.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
-If the account this texture was sold to ends up permanently banned, then the owner of the texture will relinquish ownership back to the original artist.

Yeah this isn't gonna happen just so you know. Don't know what you were thinking when you put that as a possible rule that should be added.

Rest of the "terms of service ideas" are ok but whole free texture selling fiasco blew over a while ago. If nothing was done then doubt it's happening now.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Meh, those were just some things I could think of off the top of my head, just to give people the general idea of would the rule would be for. Glad to have your support though.

Main thing I'm trying to push for here is the concept of a Terms of Purchase, for the more sensitive artists out there, and for more well known artists.
Not allowing to resell textures is just bad, can completely ruin the market.
I disagree with this idea.
100% disagree, if you bought a painting in real life the artist can't say "if you give this to someone for free you're going to prison!"

it's up to the buyer what they do with it. they paid for it and there should be as little restrictions as possible
I understand the Art losing Value however it shouldnt concern you what happens after you sold your piece as with this transaction you sold all the rights to the new Owner. It won't have an Influence after that on you either, if someone gives it for free you will see alot of more person wearing your Piece instead of 1 at the time
Sorry, but this will never happen. Once you buy something, you buy the rights to do whatever you want with it. Even if the artist begs you not make it free, it's not something that can be enforced.

In all reality, making art public doesn't make it lose it's value. In fact, this free publicity adds more rep to the artist. As long as they are given credit . . . yknow . . . there is no problem.

Oh well :L
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]