Ranking
Original Post
A new 3D action game *Need lots of help*
Well first off,

[01:45] == MuffinBash [[email protected]] has joined #support
[01:46] <MuffinBash> Hey would I get an infract if I post a thread about a game that i am working on, and need people to work on it with me, in Gaming Chat?
[01:47] <avwerk> what?
[01:47] <MuffinBash> I want to post a thread in Gaming Chat about a game I am creating, and ask people for help on it, and they will get a part of the profits, and such.
[01:48] <MuffinBash> Will I get infracted for it?
[01:48] <avwerk> http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=411
[01:48] == sirkill [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[01:50] <MuffinBash> That does not really answer my question...
[01:52] <MuffinBash> And I said Gaming Chat...
[01:52] == avwerk has changed nick to avwave
[01:53] <avwave> i meant you could post it there
[01:53] <MuffinBash> Ohh.
[01:53] <MuffinBash> And I can't post it in Gaming Chat?
[01:53] == Tim [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: Good night to all !!]
[01:53] <avwave> probably would be safer in computer/programming
[01:54] <avwave> considering the gist fo the content
[01:54] <MuffinBash> Ok. Thank you.
avwave suggested for me to post it here so please no infractions.

Here we go.

Introduction

Welcome to Galactic Wars! This is the tutorial on how to control your character. Please follow all the instructions if you do not know how to play already. Arrow Keys or WASD Keys are how to walk around. Try walking. Space Bar Key is to jump. Try jumping. See the toolbar at the bottom of the screen (toolbar has a thin blue box blinking around it)? That has a list of moves to make your character perform them. You will want to start by clicking on the icon of a sword (sword icon has a thin blue box blinking around it). Click it. Your character is now holding a sword. Now you will see in the toolbar a list of commands for your character to perform. You have a choice from the following: Light Hit, Slash, Power Hit, and Unarm. Choose one of the commands beside Unarm. You click one, and perform the command. Notice that the icon you clicked on is faded, that is because it must recharge for you to use that particular one again. The one and only command that may not recharge is Light Hit. You may also use different Arms. The Arms you may arm are the following: Lightning Sword, Bow with Laser Arrows, Battle Axe with a Laser Blade. You must level up your Arms to become stronger with them. You can level up in multiplayer only. Single player mode is for practice against the computer and to learn how to use your Arms in a better way. You may purchase new Arm in the Store, and they will get transfered to your inventory where you may activate them into your in-game Arms. You must take an Arm off of your toolbar to do this. You may always go to the Arms tutorials in Single player to find out how to use Arms that you are unfamiliar with. Enjoy your adventure in the Galactic Wars World!

Story of Galactic Wars

There are two worlds that have been at war for many generations in the Hadersodertas Galaxy. There world’s names are Hadermonas and Soderluntos. The war between these two worlds started because of each of the worlds wanting to rule the Hadersodertas Galaxy, but with both the worlds having brute forces, the war continues on for a long while. There battles go on, and on, as they both make alliances with other worlds. When the war will stop no one can know… When the fighting will end, that is up to you!
Last edited by MuffinBash; Dec 9, 2010 at 03:34 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
!iCoF4Life Since 01-01-2011!
|Marketeer - Sorta|
this seems to be an old school game...but nice ideas...i think u copied them from the concept of tb right?
This is retarded.
I really hope this isn't one of those game development collaborations where you plan on being the guy who comes up with the plot and doesn't actually do any of the nitty gritty stuff.
If you can't code or be an artist, either learn how or don't bother trying to get people to turn your ideas into games.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
I really hope this isn't one of those game development collaborations where you plan on being the guy who comes up with the plot and doesn't actually do any of the nitty gritty stuff.
If you can't code or be an artist, either learn how or don't bother trying to get people to turn your ideas into games.

he is going to programing school soon and i am planing to be artist for it

Originally Posted by Exie View Post
Question.

Where is this game?

hasnt made yet will do soon once hes learnt aabit at programing school
if you need 3d designer: Here i am ^^
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|
Originally Posted by loaded1 View Post
he is going to programing school soon [...]

I don't want to discourage you but (3D) Games need a little more knowledge than a beginner might have. I don't quite know what you mean with programing school. Maybe if he learns the stuff there really fast it could work. Dunno.

Whatever. What language are you planning to use?
Signature temporarily out of order.
I see a lot of uh, flaws.

1) Why on earth do I have so many weapons? Sword, Spear, Bow, Battle Axe, Mace, and Shotgun. There is no way in hell each of them is going to be unique enough.
2) Why do I have so many moves? Light Hit, Slash, Stab, Swing, Twirl, Sweep, Power Hit. You know how many moves most games per weapon? 1 or 2. You have 7...
3) Why do I have mixed tech tiers? An axe, a shotgun, and I am participating in a galactic war?
4) What is the gameplay like? From what I can tell it would involve me frantically changing weapons and frantically clicking different moves. A total of 42 choices of attacks (assuming all weapons have as many as sword). How on earth am I going to use this efficiently? Is it going to be turn based or slow gameplay? There is no way this could be an action game with this much going on.
5) Multiplayer. If you are talking network multiplayer, don't. It is out of your league.

I don't understand the philosophy behind this game or even how it is played.

Here is what I can figure out:
1) There is single and multiplayer, both are instanced.
2) I will be fighting with my many weapons against others.
3) The game is 3d and I use WASD to walk around, and space to jump.
4) It is mouse based, I have to physically click icons to do things.

You really need to simplify things, and identify the core goals behind the game.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

1) Why on earth do I have so many weapons? Sword, Spear, Bow, Battle Axe, Mace, and Shotgun. There is no way in hell each of them is going to be unique enough.
2) Why do I have so many moves? Light Hit, Slash, Stab, Swing, Twirl, Sweep, Power Hit. You know how many moves most games per weapon? 1 or 2. You have 7...
3) Why do I have mixed tech tiers? An axe, a shotgun, and I am participating in a galactic war?
4) What is the gameplay like? From what I can tell it would involve me frantically changing weapons and frantically clicking different moves. A total of 42 choices of attacks (assuming all weapons have as many as sword). How on earth am I going to use this efficiently? Is it going to be turn based or slow gameplay? There is no way this could be an action game with this much going on.
5) Multiplayer. If you are talking network multiplayer, don't. It is out of your league.

You really need to simplify things, and identify the core goals behind the game.

this.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by pownedall View Post
this seems to be an old school game...but nice ideas...i think u copied them from the concept of tb right?

Not exactly.

Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post

I am going to learn all that stuff.

Originally Posted by Exie View Post
Question.

Where is this game?

Not done.

Originally Posted by Dae67 View Post
if you need 3d designer: Here i am ^^

Cool, but I am going to learn. You can help as much as you like though.

Originally Posted by psycore View Post
I don't want to discourage you but (3D) Games need a little more knowledge than a beginner might have. I don't quite know what you mean with programing school. Maybe if he learns the stuff there really fast it could work. Dunno.

Whatever. What language are you planning to use?

English first, then I shall translate.

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

1) Yes, I will simplify.

2) Yes, I will simplify. Just agreeing here.

3) Well, I see what you are getting at, but, do have you ever thought of them being like laser blades or something?

4) True, but I just started on controls, give me a break.

5) It will be like a chat room and then you challenge someone then you fight. That is what I am thinking of at the moment but I will probly change my mind later.

1b) I do not get what you are trying to say.

2b) I can fix that.

3b) I do not see how you can not figure that one out.

4b) Well, I am making ajustments.

I Updated the first post everyone.
Last edited by MuffinBash; Dec 9, 2010 at 03:35 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
!iCoF4Life Since 01-01-2011!
|Marketeer - Sorta|