Toribash
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
I won't give actual suggestions on parts, but don't overspend mate.

To start with, 16-24 GB ram is enough to last you years and years without having to get more, and you can upgrade to more whenever you need.

You don't need an i7 7700k or i7 8700k for gaming, it's just extreme waste of money unless you're gonna do some professional and highly demanding tasks on your machine. It could definitely be spent in better ways considering you want 3 monitors.

SSDs are definitely superior so if you have the budget go for all SSD, but other than that consider practicality of your build. You really don't need those components for casual use, such as gaming, and it's just a massive waste of money. Bragging rights aside, 1080ti and i7 7700k won't bring you any increase in performance compared to regular 1080 and i7 6700K.

Of course it's just my outlook on the situation. If you feel like you want the best possible components and you don't really care about performance/cost ratio then by all means go for whatever you like.

If he wants to play demanding games at 144hz he's going to need it. Also hate to burst your bubble but i7-6700k is actually more expensive than an i7-8700k.

Same goes for the i7-7700k which is actually cheaper than the i7-6700k
Why pay more for less performance? Really like your logic!

-----
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
If you like recording, you're going to be wanting to use more of everything. I mean, you're spending $3k, might as well just give into the 32 GB RAM. It's not THAT Much more expensive when you consider how big your budget is already.

Just something extra that popped into my head, if you use your CPU to encode your streams and/or recordings it may cause some lag. Some may disagree with me but even on my GTX 1050 SC, encoding recordings and streaming using my GPU through OBS works much better than my 8 GB of RAM and Intel i5. xD

i5 is notoriously bad for streaming + playing cpu intensive games which is why I've suggested getting an i7-8700k anyways, its only $50 more than the i7-7700k and is better than Ryzen slightly when it comes to gaming performance even though Ryzen is better at multitasking/streaming/encoding
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Jun 13, 2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation