Ranking
sorry dude. the reason ive never made a sword is cus i can never get the connection to the handle right. your best bet is to model the handle from a cylinder (subdivide it obviously) and hide the connection with a guard or something. or goole pics of no guard katanas and see how the connection looks

Well I managed to get it lookin ok XD

Could someone tell me how to texture it? Like I wanted to use the painter in blender couldn't figure out how to unwrap it though...

and also is there an easy way to aim the camera? Cus I just rendered my view with that little button...

Also how do I do that thing that makes everything like smooth and curvey I forgot what it's called...

I mean i guess if you don't want to explain how to unwrap you could just tell me how to seperate the blade from the hilt and then make the blade shiny and just draw a texture for the hilt, but I'm no good at making textures...

Nvm guys I had a friend on steam help me

see

He just told me how to texture it
Last edited by isaac; Jul 15, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
as ive always said, i suck at unwrapping

btw, the model is gping to suck if you try to use the subsurfing (makes stuff smooth) cus the way you built it isnt right

ss makes everything shrink, so itd be smaller and look nothing like how you want

How can I import 1 model into a different save? Like I have 2 models I made I open model 1, I now need model 2 to be in there too.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
i guess i have to say it again lol. so many people ask this:

file>append or link> find the 2nd models belnd file and click it>objects>ctrl+lmb (lrft mouse button) all except any cameras or lights

^Cool thanks man, could you also tell me how to move the little pink dot that it rotates around and stuff, to the center of my sword?
DesertPunk

Please click this
well thats easy. go into edit mode and select all the vertices (yellow dots :P) and then click and drag one of the axis arrows towards the dot. just center the pink dot inside the circle where the axis arrows were and then itll be ready ^_^ i had that problem all the time

Thanks a bunch deridor, if it weren't for you I probably would have quit by now .

+rep
DesertPunk

Please click this
can i be a student? i need help figuring out how to make joints different colors and make them shiny. also how do u save the render with a transparent BG?