Ranking
How do I make a "spring" board, I have the joint objects and setup done, just what values work to make it "springy"
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by 1002003 View Post
How do i download a mod? i click on the mod and it just shows the LUA src code in a textarea

1. Download the .tbm-file

2. Locate toribash mod-folder (C:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/toribash/data/mod)*

3. drop the .tbm file in there.

4. In-game, press ctrl+m to bring up the modlist. Locate your mod and play away!

*I've been on a mac for a while, a little unsure if I got this right.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lengthy question:
after saving a replay in a mod and opening it notepad, you get the elinvel, epos, etc., values. i understand that eqat is corresponding to rotation, but when looking at them i realize that an obect can have eqat xyz values usually between -2 and 2, but while in mod maker the xyz values use degrees like 90°, 45°, etc.

so in terms of changing eqat values in notepad , how will you know how much rotation they will have since they seemingly dont go by degrees?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
lengthy question:
after saving a replay in a mod and opening it notepad, you get the elinvel, epos, etc., values. i understand that eqat is corresponding to rotation, but when looking at them i realize that an obect can have eqat xyz values usually between -2 and 2, but while in mod maker the xyz values use degrees like 90°, 45°, etc.

so in terms of changing eqat values in notepad , how will you know how much rotation they will have since they seemingly dont go by degrees?

Yea so eqat stands for environment quaternion and it is another way to describe an object's rotation. Instead of using three values like in mod maker for x y and z rotations it uses four values. So for example if there is a mod with only one movable object there will be only four numbers after EQAT(x y z w) or if has five movable objects it will have 20 numbers.

Maybe later I can right a code for you to convert xyz rotations to quaternions.
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
How do I make a "spring" board, I have the joint objects and setup done, just what values work to make it "springy"

I believe you could make one simply with a pad with higher bounciness.. It'd require you to deactivate frac/dm tho. (Or simply set it really high).
Need help. All I'm trying to do is make a circle arena, but the resulting mod lags like all hell on my laptop. The objects are all static. I made a circle before in another mod, albeit much smaller, and that didn't lag.
Attached Files
bb1.tbm (6.8 KB, 7 views)
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Need help. All I'm trying to do is make a circle arena, but the resulting mod lags like all hell on my laptop. The objects are all static. I made a circle before in another mod, albeit much smaller, and that didn't lag.

My game crashed when i loaded it so I decreased the objects from 30 to 26 and then it was really laggy and crashed as soon as i touched uke. So I guess toribash just doesnt like so many objects in the same place.