Ranking
Original Post
Upgrades
Hi all,

Thank you for your help yesterday. With all the Toricredits being splashed around everywhere we managed to find a very elusive bug that's been biting my bum for a long time.

Now that we've found it and (hopefully fixed it) the website should be 100% faster during high load times. This will stop the forums going down during backups, and school-holidays.

And it's all thanks to you. Thank you for being a valued member of the Toribash Community. :]

P.S. Guess what? I bought search back for you awesome wee people! http://forum.toribash.com/search.php

veb
Last edited by veb; Jul 7, 2010 at 07:28 AM.
Write
site:forum.toribash.com hampa
in google.
Voila. Results.

You can also sort by date etc.
Google is better than most people think.

And yeah don't get me wrong. VBulletins search has some functions that google doesn't have.
Originally Posted by Dodekus View Post
Write
site:forum.toribash.com hampa
in google.
Voila. Results.

You can also sort by date etc.
Google is better than most people think.

And yeah don't get me wrong. VBulletins search has some functions that google doesn't have.

Some The included forum-search works much more efficient at word/phrase-based search.

Yes vB isn't the best coded forum outta there...thats why I more prefer phpBB 3. It works also like a charm for very big sites...if u know how to administer and configure it

Ok, vBulletin is there, they payed for it and we have to live with it. But sry..I don't spend 10 bucks a year. I don't need more signature-space, images or the other things..the only thing I want is the search function..and 10 bucks a year just for searching is a bit expensive at my eyes. You have than to live with double-posts from me (no..I DON'T use a fully google-search just because of the fact that the forum-included search is deactivated for "normal" users)

I spend money and work for that game...more money till now than for every other commercial game that I bought. Maybe they just should base the search also on the posting-count or make it buyable with tc (25k-50k maybe). I think that will also minimize the CPU-time because that also limits the user who can use it. I think specially the newbies need search-function...but as I said...the maker have to live with the consequences.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Alright so, I just noticed the 'TB Achievements' under their name, it's pretty cool. But I think it could be moved to their profile, along with a link to their inventory, and Toricredit amount.

Edit: I saw that you can find the Active and De-active inventories, they shouldn't be moved to their profile. On that list there should be the link to their TC amount though. It could be al ot quicker when dueling to make sure that someone has the TC before they start. It takes a while for me to find the link to their profile and type it in.
Last edited by Slycooper; Jul 12, 2010 at 01:11 AM.
The Mario image is beyond epic :]

Also, gonna be playing with font/color for a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
the only thing I want is the search function..and 10 bucks a year just for searching is a bit expensive at my eyes.

Then use Google and stop posting the same damned argument over and over. Seriously, I'm getting bored of reading new posts on this thread.

Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
You have than to live with double-posts from me (no..I DON'T use a fully google-search just because of the fact that the forum-included search is deactivated for "normal" users)

Or you could have a memory span that makes sense and not double post.
Or we could just infract you for double posts until you learn to stop.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by ViperTech
the only thing I want is the search function..and 10 bucks a year just for searching is a bit expensive at my eyes.

You pay for search, viewing posts and threads by users, unlimited sig size, sig pics, animated sig pics and animated avvy, a WHOLE new board, custom font and color, and fucking custom usertitle.

So I advise you stfu cuz you're paying 10$ for all of that^
|Grim Reapers|The Aikido Team|PSN/Steam:ItsRainingDesert|