Toribash
I don't get it...if they are separate from orgs than why cant people be in orgs and societies?

I strongly dislike stupidity though, so even though I cant join, I hereby declare that I fully support this society and its aims.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
What would the difference be between Societies and Organizations?
(Besides the obvious like the name, rules etc.)
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be more of a contribution to the worlds stupidity reserves as opposed to an opposition of said idiocy. Someone prove me wrong and make sense of this.
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Societies would seem very strange on these forums...

Originally Posted by deady View Post
I don't get it...if they are separate from orgs than why cant people be in orgs and societies?

I strongly dislike stupidity though, so even though I cant join, I hereby declare that I fully support this society and its aims.

Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
What would the difference be between Societies and Organizations?
(Besides the obvious like the name, rules etc.)

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be more of a contribution to the worlds stupidity reserves as opposed to an opposition of said idiocy. Someone prove me wrong and make sense of this.

Organisations are EXACTLY the same as clans, but without mutual exclusion. They are just a way for attention whores to gain attention without paying the official clan fee and coming up with a decent story and idea. Since they implement something which already exists, they are superfluous.

Societies are EXACTLY the same as clans, but with exclusion and rules to enforce sanity. The entire point of the SAS is to destroy the stupidity of Organisations, maybe it will move onto something else once that has been managed. Societies were created with a sense of irony and humour, but attempt to have a serious point.

At least some of you realised that Societies and Organisations are the same underneath, but you still failed to realise that Organisations and Clans are the same.
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Mar 19, 2009 at 07:39 PM.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by SlainVeteran View Post
Organisations are EXACTLY the same as clans, but without mutual exclusion. They are just a way for attention whores to gain attention without paying the official clan fee and coming up with a decent story and idea. Since they implement something which already exists, they are superfluous.

Societies are EXACTLY the same as clans, but with exclusion and rules to enforce sanity. The entire point of the SAS is to destroy the stupidity of Organisations, maybe it will move onto something else once that has been managed. Societies were created with a sense of irony and humour, but attempt to have a serious point.

At least some of you realised that Societies and Organisations are the same underneath, but you still failed to realise that Organisations and Clans are the same.

um, there was a huge thread about this a while back. It was basically decided that what separates Organizations and clans is that orgs actually serve some purpose to the community, the good ones anyway, and a clan is set up to gain some sort of standing on terms of skill. But hey, thanks for calling us both attention whores AND stupid...way to swing for the fences there man.

In fact, after reading your reasons for creating societies, it sounds identical to the reasoning and path that orgs had. They were created as something of a joke, but eventually grew into what they are now.

I don't know man, I know enough to gather that you have been around here for a while, and are pretty well respected. But, you basically just called me a stupid attention whore, when you yourself are trying to bring about some revolution or something and don't even bother to spell check your post.

Just a thought though. Its nothing new for me to be called an idiot, so maybe you're right.
um, there was a huge thread about this a while back. It was basically decided that what separates Organizations and clans is that orgs actually serve some purpose to the community, the good ones anyway, and a clan is set up to gain some sort of standing on terms of skill.

There is no reason why clans should not be able to serve the same benefits to the community as organisations whilst at the same time being a friendly gathering of people looking for matches in-game. I personally cannot think of any organisation which serves a purpose for the community which could not be done with a clan or just a thread to talk about a particular hobby or topic.

But hey, thanks for calling us both attention whores AND stupid...way to swing for the fences there man.

There are a select group of people who are attention whores (the same people who also have 3000 friends on MySpace and Facebook) and I did get a little carried away inferring everyone was an attention whore and stupid, sorry. At the same time however, I do not care what other people think of me, I just say what is on my mind.

In fact, after reading your reasons for creating societies, it sounds identical to the reasoning and path that orgs had. They were created as something of a joke, but eventually grew into what they are now.

Oh, the irony. That wasn't part of the intended purpose at all.

Originally Posted by Hamster
Slain: I only started organizations way back when because I didn't want to leave Torigod but I still wanted to create my own network

don't even bother to spell check your post.

What? Where did I make a spelling mistake? Bear in mind: I am from the UK so I use British English, not American English. This is an international forum so a particular dialect of English is not enforced - Nabi is based in Singapore and the administrators live in New Zealand, Australia, Finland, America and Sweden.
and a clan is set up to gain some sort of standing on terms of skill.

Anyway, this is getting marginally off-topic...
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Mar 20, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
I has a flavour