Toribash
I don't do Sleepwalking but I can Sleeptalk. It bothers me because if someone asks me something while I'm asleep - I'll answer with the truth

boricua

Originally Posted by Tekro View Post
I don't do Sleepwalking but I can Sleeptalk. It bothers me because if someone asks me something while I'm asleep - I'll answer with the truth

your brain must be running really hard in your sleep in order to do that
Apparently, when I was little, once, I got up and started posing with my hands as if I was hoding a gun and started making a funny shooting noise, pointing at the closet.
I'd love to know what I was dreaming of.
Tint is sex.
Originally Posted by TheFail View Post
your brain must be running really hard in your sleep in order to do that

I only do it sometimes. I'm sleep lightly and I was told that because of that my hearing stayed in a "standby" mode. But it shouldn't be considered a problem since it doesn't happen to me regularly.

boricua

Sleep disorders such as sleepwalking arise when normal physiological systems are active at inappropriate times. We do not yet understand why the brain issues commands to the muscles during certain phases of sleep, but we do know that these commands are usually suppressed by other neurological mechanisms. At times this suppression can be incomplete—because of genetic or environmental factors or physical immaturity—and actions that normally occur during wakefulness emerge in sleep. -- i major in psychology
blah
I used to sleep walk when I was 4 or 5. The same time we moved into a house, and my parents got divorced, perhaps one of those triggered it.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop

In all seriousness, sleepwalking is a sleeping disorder.

Several different factors may be involved in the development of sleepwalking. These may include genetics (traits that run in families), environmental and medical conditions.

Sleepwalking is not associated with other sleep problems, sleeping alone in a room or with others, fear of the dark, or anger outbursts.

Sleepwalking occurs more frequently in identical twins, and is 10 times more likely to occur if a first-degree relative has a history of sleepwalking. Therefore, it is thought the condition can be inherited.

Certain factors may cause a person to sleepwalk, such as:

Sleep deprivation
Chaotic sleep schedules
Stress
Alcohol intoxication
Drugs such as sedative/hypnotics (drugs that promote relaxation or sleep), neuroleptics (drugs used to treat psychosis), stimulants (drugs that increase activity), and antihistamines (drugs used to treat symptoms of allergy)

Medical conditions that have been linked to sleepwalking include:

Arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms)
Fever
Gastroesophageal reflux (food or liquid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe)
Nighttime asthma
Nighttime seizures (convulsions)
Obstructive sleep apnea (condition in which breathing stops temporarily while sleeping)
Psychiatric disorders, for example, posttraumatic stress disorder, panic attack, or dissociative states, such as multiple personality disorder
Last edited by Hyde; Jul 20, 2011 at 06:31 AM.
Hoss.
i do sleepwalking often... it isnt so nice to wake up outside and theres -20 degrees believe me :8
one time i sleptwalked and ended up in the condominiums tool room 0.0
Get me mah juice Bitch.
I don't sleepwalk,what I do is more like sleeproll.Right off the bed =/
~Tyzo
#TwinSwag