Toribash
Original Post
Ground Decapitation
Hello everyone who's reading this. I want to talk about a serious bet server problem that needs to be solved, because I'm a bet servers host myself. And now imagine this:

You're hosting a successful bet server with +15-20k DP. Bets are good, server is full. Players are fighting and suddenly one player slams another and he hits his head hard to the ground. Result: the player who slammed that other player got the DP, because his opponents head decapped. People in the room start writting to the chat: WTF?? THIS SUX!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

So yea I think this is unfair, and i will prove it.
When you touch the ground with any part of your body (except foots and hands (wrists and ankles don't count too)) you get disqualified. After that the match ends. The head just doesn't decap itself in the air. If the head touches the ground first, DP shouldn't be taken, because match ended.

You should take the DP by punching, ripping or kicking players head off, not slamming it to the ground. I hope you can fix this problem and the server ghosting.

So now that i told you my main thing i want to say a word about suggestions and ideas. It would be cool if you could change your 3D item colour, for example: red headphones, green shutter shades and other things, exept portable cas, barbered wire and stuff like that (because it would look stupid).

The other idea is TBRadio. If you want to listen to TBRadio you need to go to mixrl. But what if you could go to your Toribash menu (the game menu) and click "TBRadio ON" and you could listen to your dj's and songs while you're playing? No going to mixrl or finding it on the internet, just one click and you're listening while playing.
Last edited by D3ive; May 6, 2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Made some mistakes so fixed them. Added ideas too.
F I L T H Y.
[Origin] Remember where you came from.
I think there is no problem with ground decaps at all! It does take a lot of effort to slam someones head onto the ground and decap it... About the recoloring idea I highly support that mainly because I'd like grey headphones.
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
Well thank God, someone read my other ideas! I'm putting the ground decap idea out, now I'm working on my ideas i mentioned. Making demos, and I hope you like it!
Last edited by D3ive; May 6, 2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Made a mistake (bad at English :P)
F I L T H Y.
Originally Posted by D3ive View Post
Forget it. Acctually a lot of people agreed with me and my opinion when 40k got decapped by the ground. So why dont we make a bot who gets the dp if someone slams tori to rhe ground on his head. When, after the match text shows up: ground wins! -_- As i said forget it, because i'm now working on a great idea, i'll finish it in few days.

You can't expect expect everyone to like your idea.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
It isn't that.

It's just how hard you slammed.

with 100 dm, you can easily get dm by slamming uke on the ground on singleplayer.

I once kicked uke so hard in mid-air that when uke hit the ground, landed on ass, but still the arm and head decapitated.

so, it's really just about how hard you slam.

Apathetic User
This is a pretty thing you are asking to get rid off, momentum and physics is something the game is made to have. punching someone in the face lightly does nothing, however punching them harder might cause a decap. The same goes for walls and ground. only thing being is that your head doesn't turn red.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Forget it. Acctually a lot of people agreed with me and my opinion when 40k got decapped by the ground. So why dont we make a bot who gets the dp if someone slams tori to rhe ground on his head.

because it is stupid, the disqualification and the impact register on the same frame. if only the disqualification registered on the last frame, then there would be no purpose of a last frame, 500 matchframes fights would only actually be 499 and that is silly. just because ground slamming is something that people usually don't look out for doesn't mean it should be removed.
oh yeah
Momentum, physics, and force. a Game all about physics. What you're suggesting is rather.. silly.

If somebody lifts you up, and drops you on your neck onto concrete with all their might, will your neck probably snap in two? Yes.

A bot getting the TC is as redundant as sinking the TC in the result of a ground dismemberment. The TC would be pointless to sit in a bot. for what? Tournaments? Shiai and Random Items.

Anyways. Pusga is right on the dot. It registers at the same time. Removing ground impact dismembers would disintegrate so many things we know and love in Toribash. enough said.

On your other suggestions:

Coloring 3D Items would be pretty cool for some. I always wanted to have the headphones and make them clash with my set. Though, it would be difficult. Maybe an RBG slider in your inventory when you wish to edit it. Otherwise you're have to create 3D item color items, which would just be a waste.

They have a music item. You can upload your music and listen to it in-game. You could always import music into your sound file in toribash. I believe this works as well. Being able to link outside sources of music would be sort of a waste of time. It was disintegrate the point of Chesh being Toribash's Sound Dev, and it's much easier to just have a music app sitting in the background anyways.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
I was talking sarcasticly about the bot. Like you said, if someone would make a bot it would just be sinking tc.
F I L T H Y.
Forget it. Acctually a lot of people agreed with me and my opinion when 40k got decapped by the ground. So why dont we make a bot who gets the dp if someone slams tori to rhe ground on his head. When, after the match text shows up: ground wins!.

It doesn't look like sarcasm, it looks like you're salty that people disliked your opinion. I'm sure people did agree with you. But not everyone will.

On a side note with your edited suggestion to color items. I think that would be pretty neat, that isn't a bad idea in the slightest. It would cost TC. But I think that'd be pretty neat. Or if you bought certian 3D items. There could be an option for it to choose a random color for it. And if you dislike the color, you can pay TC to run the cycle of changing its color again.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; May 7, 2015 at 03:33 PM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
"Toribash is a 'Martial Arts Simulator'.... Why wouldn't the head break off?"

I have never seen a man's head snapped off in any sort of martial arts, but maybe thats just me
[RelaxAll]