Toribash
not sure if this actually answers your question, but i think the reason you didn't get explosive height is due to two reasons:

first reason being that a lot of your joint movements are timed correctly (such as kicks or extensions that are way too early or way too late). to fix that, you should work on flow. flow isn't just pretty, but it gives you the ability to do more with your tricks, such as reaching ridiculous heights. i feel like the perfect way of doing this is doing good ol' spin moves.

second reason would be that your stiff joints kept you grounded, and that you weren't transferring enough momentum to get yourself off of the ground. during tricks like backflips or gainers, most people lift their arms to generate/transfer enough momentum to lift them higher into the air

hope this sort of helped, glad to see you back around
beware
the goblin

Marrez's Advice

Using your advice, i pretty much pulled off 3 of them though the landing was pretty shite, any tricks or things i can do to land them better?

The second replay is just a continuation of the first one that i just felt like showing.
Attached Files
Triple Gainer.rpl (110.3 KB, 5 views)
Probability.rpl (226.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Kirito; Sep 10, 2015 at 12:12 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Alright, I have a problem.
I keep having decent openers, but struggle with carrying the momentum in one direction in order to beat the hell out of uke.
I've tried manipulating the joints a bit, but it results in loss of speed, which just looks awkward.

Maybe this replay will give you a clearer picture of what im talking about

Thanks.
Attached Files
bruh.rpl (60.2 KB, 28 views)
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Originally Posted by 2WC View Post
Alright, I have a problem.
I keep having decent openers, but struggle with carrying the momentum in one direction in order to beat the hell out of uke.
I've tried manipulating the joints a bit, but it results in loss of speed, which just looks awkward.

Maybe this replay will give you a clearer picture of what im talking about

Thanks.

hi 2WC
the reason you could not carry the momentum after 350 is mostly because of a loss of balance and your awkward position

you are trying to push your body into an upright standing position so you can continue the rotation and punch with your right hand, or continue swinging the arms. however, your body makes it really difficult, because it is almost completely horizontal

since you are putting all that force on the foot, and the foot is not in a firm position on the ground, the 2 things that are more likely to happen is either 1. you dont have enough force to push your body to a vertical position, and lose all momentum from the rotation; 2. your foot slips;

in other words, you are attempting to do what is in green:

however, that puts too much force on the right leg, which does not have (alone) enough strength to put you in the desired position

the solution would be to avoid extending your right knee, because you are practically kicking the ground and throwing yourself off balance. i attached a replay where i edited it and tried to plant the foot without extending the knee. that way, the tori does not "hop" to a horizontal position. the downside is that you have to get closer to the ground, so you cannot punch uke's chest or face, if that is what you were going for.
Attached Files
2wc.rpl (84.4 KB, 23 views)
oh yeah
Originally Posted by NICOLAS135 View Post
Hi guys,
pusga what do u think of that momentum and that speed in this opener?

Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

The purpose of this thread is not to ask for our opinion. In this thread, you present us with a clear problem that you want help fixing, and we try our best to help you. You should already know what your problem is, and you come to this thread because you are having trouble correcting said problem.

Questions such as "are there any problems with this replay?" or "is this replay smooth?" or "what is your opinion on this replay?" or "how do I make this replay better?" are not what we want in this thread.

What we want in this thread: Concrete questions where we can give you an objective response, such as "how do I aim this kick/punch in order to get more destruction?" or "what should I do in order to twitch less in my replays?".

Instead of asking "how to make this better", try to tell us what you would like your replay to look like, and then ask us how to do it.

Hi hey
golf
I would say im pretty decent at flipping and i want to get better, I wanna know any tips or tricks i can use when flipping to get more spin and how to cancel that spin to get a balanced landing... Heres a replay of the launch can someone just edit it and show me how a proper flip would look?
Attached Files
Helpflip.rpl (16.6 KB, 8 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Kirito, you've been coming to this thread multiple times a week basically asking people to do shit in your replays for you. I think you gotta lay off a bit in my opinion.
Last edited by Spirals; Sep 12, 2015 at 01:16 AM.
I'm not really a tricker but perhaps I can help you with this

Usually after the initial jump (Your position can be improved by the way), you want to tuck your limbs in near your body so your rotation speed increases and to slow it down at the end of your spin you want to extend it back out so you slow back down. If you're planning on landing and not continuing the spin you can move your arms as I did upwards.

On top of that, you'll want to ensure that you land at the correct angle. The best landing position is leaning a little bit backwards if you're doing a backflip and leaning forwards if you're doing a frontflip. This gives you a bit of space to absorb your impact and stop your spin using your ankles (If you're falling forward, extend your ankles, if you're falling backwards, contract them)
Attached Files
example.rpl (63.0 KB, 8 views)
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by Spirals View Post
Kirito, you've been coming to this thread multiple times a week basically asking people to do shit in your replays for you. I think you gotta lay off a bit in my opinion.

i just want to get good :v
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message: