Ranking
Original Post
Knock-out!
Greetings to all.

Once playing Toribash a while ago i thought of the idea of introducing an "Knock-out" option to the game. This "Kock-out" happens when a player takes a strong/noticeable strike to the head which causes the person receiving a "knock-out" or getting "Knocked-out" the player then becomes fully relaxed and is unable to move for a certain time/ frames.

Looking for more feedback on this idea and other thoughts that should be introduced into the game.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by Adam; Apr 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Name change
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
You most likely don't. Not many radical gameplay mechanic ideas ever get added so don't get your hopes up.

Nevertheless this is one of the better ideas of this sort I have seen and it is reasonably developed so it's not impossible.

Maybe write a summary of how this would work based on other people's posts about the idea. This would make it easier to work out what could be improved and whether it is possible or not.

Yeah by the way i would get to work on doing this if you would want this to be implemented in the foreseeable future. Someone would need to know what to work off of.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Cripplz View Post
Great idea, would bring some refreshening air into TB.
This idea exists for a long time now, Solax once created a social group for that.
Why wasn't it implemented back then?

Yeah I pitched this idea a while ago. I know solax irl. i think it was a mutual idea when tossing ideas around.

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Yeah by the way i would get to work on doing this if you would want this to be implemented in the foreseeable future. Someone would need to know what to work off of.

Coding and scripting wise i'm hopeless.
I'm just an ideas man.
Hopefully this won't die with me being hopeless
Last edited by Adam; Feb 5, 2016 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Gratatatata
Knock out option
I think it would be nice to add Knockout option. Especially it will be great for ufcoctagon, boxing, kickboxing and other striking mods. I see this like as stronger you hit your opponent to the head as more his muscle power decreases. He becomes weaker, wobblier, slower with absorbed punches, elbows, knees and kicks. Muscle power decreases to 0 or lower (-150 for example) and it needs time to recover. So if knockout is not very deep (-50 muscle power) you would recover faster than if knockout is pretty deep (-500 muscle power). I think it will make striking mods more realistic and this mechanic should look kinda cool. My English isn't very good I hope you got my idea though.

Lazors Moderated Message:
Merged with a similar thread
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 6, 2016 at 04:42 PM.
it can be supported since there is an option to turn on/off.
some mods woldnt look cool(aikido or taekkyon i guess).
but seems really interesting in mods like gtboxing or wushu.

Supported.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
this would be a great fucking idea for MAS replays and sparring replays. it would be a great option in the game and i would love to see it in action!

Supported
bone fuck my ray romano bluray
I think this would be awesome with Lenshu and rk-mma, probably would be good with any striking mods that have timed DQ or no DQ inside the ring

SUPPORTED BY THE DOGE KING
you're on thin ice, pal
This Implementation would destroy toribash in general, it could be useful in spars, etc. But you can just relax all by yourself. "Knock Outs" Hmm...., this would look really weird and its much more better without it, just my opinion

Channel - ok
Why not have the knockout work when the threshold reaches a certain amount of damage points.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
This kind of addition would probably function best as a new set of modmaker trigger options. A damage threshold (instead of just contact) + a "relax all" on target option instead of just win and color triggers.

I'd love to see this roll out alongside a general trigger overhaul, maybe someone could remake a thread compiling this and a lot of other ideas.
Originally Posted by yoshiman60 View Post
This Implementation would destroy toribash in general, it could be useful in spars, etc. But you can just relax all by yourself. "Knock Outs" Hmm...., this would look really weird and its much more better without it, just my opinion

Thanks for the feedback.
Of course this isn't something that will suit every mod and I do understand the acting side of spars where players do relax all to pretend to be knocked out. But I do think It will bring some excitement to game play for certain mods. It really comes down to user preference.
I think it would be great to have the option to turn it on and off.

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Why not have the knockout work when the threshold reaches a certain amount of damage points.

Yeah I agree, have the same/similar functionality as the dismemberment and fracture settings with being able to adjust the threshold.
Last edited by Adam; May 4, 2016 at 04:36 AM.