Toribash
Streets of Saxum 4 years ago

Tomas catches the cup and smiles gratefully and bows.

"You won't sir. Thank you sir"

Tomas scrambles away into the alleyways searching for the bakery, maybe they have scraps.
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Isola
The two begin to traverse the run down district of Isola.
Roy walks with his eyes covered by the shadow of his hat and his hands in his pockets. He feels an inappropriate level of discomfort. One of physical and emotional anguish. In the back of his mind, he knows this is a side effect of Caed's supposed magical help.

I've been a wreck ever since these god forsaken beings or whatever they are started "helping" me. If only there was a way to take this responsibility off my shoulders. If only I can escape this mess. If only.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Training Grounds

From his sideways stance (facing his right, feet planted and sword towards Caed at a 45 degree angle), Callaghan watches as Caed rushes forward. Taking advantage of his rash charge, Callaghan extends his left foot, kicking Caed in the calf, mid run. Callaghan prepares his sword for a diagonal slash when Caed, anticipating the move, uses the momentum from the low kick to go into a corkscrew roll, perpendicular to Callaghan. Extending his left leg, he plants his heel into the captain's cheek, sending him sprawling. Caed lands in a nimble crouch as Callaghan is sent to the muddy ground, splashing into the water in an inelegant huddle. Coughing up dirty water, eyes blinded by fury and blood, Callaghan rises to a kneel.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Training Grounds

"You always were a bit predictable." Caed says standing up from his crouch.

"Do you really have to kill me to feel better Declan?"
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Training Grounds

Still kneeling in the mud and rain, Callaghan's voice is flat besides a noticeable cold fury backdrop.

"I am no god. I am no enforcer of divine justice, and rarely one of mortal law. I am neither judge nor executioner of any affiliation not of my own. But in this time of grief, sorrow, and regret, I will right my wrongs and punish yours that have affected me or my people. I am no enforcer, but I will avenge my losses with your blood or my life."

With that, he stands solemnly. He raises his sword parallel to the ground, to his right, and charges towards Caed. In this moment, all his barriers are gone, and nothing left but a broken and depressed man seeking revenge and closure remains of a previously proud and noble warrior.

With a great roar of power, Callaghan makes a heroic lunge, plunging his sword deep into Caed's chest.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Training Grounds

Caed watches as Callaghan stands.

He knows what the man plans to do at that instant and just watches as the man roars and lunges forward impaling him.

Caed looks down at his chest and stares at the blade that penetrated with little fuss through his armor and into his chest, the blood starts to flow to the wound and he watches as it starts to come down the blade, mix with the rain and fall to the ground.

"Will this satisfy you Declan?" Caed smiles weakly and steps forward pushing the blade deeper.

"Does my blood satisfy your revenge quest?" Caed says and then immeadiately darts forward pushing the sword into his chest up to the hilt.

"I did not kill her. I tried to save her, when I got there there was nothing to be done, Here" Caed whispers and with the last word puts his hands to Declan's temples.

After a few moments Caed lets go and smiles at Declan and hugs him while turning to dust that rather then getting wet, floats away on a breeze.
---------------
-----------------------
Training Grounds

Callaghan falls to his knees once more, exposed for his confused emotions. The crowd stands around, unsure of what to do.

Internally, Callaghan was far from home. He knew that Caed wasn't dead. But he also knew that there we no pleasure in plunging his blade into the chest of his worst enemy. He would never truly get vengeance, for nothing he could ever do would return him to his lover.
It was a terrible revelation. Vengeance was no longer just some emotion for Callaghan. It was a driving force. It kept him going. Now he had nothing. His grief was like nothing else; it washed away his surroundings, leaving nothing but his own collapsing psyche. His men nervously observed the husk of what had once been a fantastic captain and, to some, a hero. His eyes were dull, his skin was pale, and his look was sullen in his deathly trance. He finally had the closure he always wanted... and it had destroyed him.

He collapsed, dead from grief. He relinquished himself to Death's dark enveloping wings, no longer wishing to be a part of such a terrible world. It was a great gift for someone who has endured much.

About two hours later

After the occasional sight seeing, Roy and Toya finally make it to the university.

Erich finally reaches the HQ, with Fate and Sidia close behind.
Last edited by Thorn; Oct 13, 2011 at 03:25 AM.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Somewhere(Over the rainbow, Possibly way up high.)

"Where the fuck are we going, and why." Sidia blurts out of the silence.
---------------
-----------------------
Nemesis HQ

Erich makes his way into the secret passage that he has grown extremely familiar with over the years, avoiding all the would-be fatal traps and making it to the entrance into the main camp. He announces himself, waiting for a reply from the darkness.
#Magnus - #Sigma
Nemesis HQ

"Hopefully, someplace where we can find some assistance through Gate Valley. It won't be cheap, assuming we can even get it."

He stops the cart and exits, seemingly distracted by something.

"Seems like someone has arrived before us. Come on, get out. We can go from foot to the HQ."
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor