Toribash
i have a mac(dont insult it is hela fast) its a really new 1 thats 1 of the fastests 1's. its not the computer.
Originally Posted by Inzal View Post
just nitpicking here

never ever render straight to a video format, its one of the worst ways to render

you'll lose quality, not to mention get a huge file size

best to render a jpg image sequence, then compile it.

monster3:
just render overnight, faster renders means worse quality. ofcourse you could just upgrade your computer....

although you could also try a different rendering engine.

Meh, i suppose, but i've tried a different rendering engine, yafray, and it wouldn't render squat...

EDIT: not vray, yafray...
Last edited by iamrubbish; Jul 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot
Yafray?

Luxrender?

Thems are fast and they support plugins for blender as well as oher 3d programs.

If you care to wait for days to get a render (but with kickass quality) you could try kerkythea or Radiance.

Also @inzal

LOL JPEG use PNG or TGA... rendering to lossy formats is as bad as rendering straight to video
hmm. i have a question.

i can make it look like water is dropping into like a glass or something. but when i try to make it look like i have water dropping into a larger body of water it just sinks through and the larger body of water is invisible in the rendered animation. how could i make it so i have a drop of water dropping into a larger body of water?
Well, I have never tried, but I'd imagine it would be the same as having a simulation using 1 fluid.

If you want them both to be the same liquid, then select both parts and join them together (ctrl+j in blender), so they are part of the same mesh. This will ensure that they are rendered correctly, and it will drop properly.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
yea i figured that out before i saw your post but thanks a lot. btw how do i save a blender animation so i can post it here? i have a HELA realistic water 1
get animationshop3, then import all the frames from file, go to your tmp folder than select all the files click import than save as a .avi

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
thanks but i dont wana spend money. :/

im so stupid lol. just now i just figued out in blender to make an inflow object work in a liquid scene you have to change the z gravity to a negative number so the water will flow down. LOL.

now would be a good time to insult me. :P
Well if we were allowed to discuss warez here *hint hint*

also lol you just figured that out? xD

I would like to see one of your animations

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it