Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Idk how to address that but somebody name this move.

I'd say it's similar to running the pipe in wrestling.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Low kicks are more effective when aimed the the side of the knee. Its easier to break/frac. Even if it is a tap. Once you have leg contact you can use it to provide an axis for a half throw keeping your gluetes contracted to help keep their leg stuck in place so they cant step out. Once their cog is past your leg the sweep should be alot easier.
Also try to hit the low kick from your standard snapkick set up to keep your op guessing. Or find an opener that can do both. You are probably not going to get many wins directly from a low kick. But they chain well with trips. Closer is better personally because it gives me more points of contact and thus control.
Will post replays when at a computer

TLDR: low kicks into sweeps are mechanically the same as a half throw with the leg there to give you more control.
-----
Re osoto gari. Watch replays with the move you want to learn to counter. Screenshot the turns. The positions before the thow are what to look for.This will help you find the set up. Usually for me its i've got a foot behind their leg, my momentum goin foward and their weak plane is exposed. See aikido principles or ta video thread for details on plains.
To counter i want to throw the leg thats going to get caught back to give me foward momentum and torso twist to close off my week plain.
Last edited by monkeyishi; Aug 25, 2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
leg kick demo. and leg sweeps. also take a look at the knee wheel in the teis menu that might help as well.
Attached Files
akido legsfd.rpl (24.7 KB, 4 views)
akido legsfdfs.rpl (35.5 KB, 4 views)
akido legsweepersdf.rpl (38.2 KB, 4 views)
@Ishi: Do you always have to snap kick in order to get a sweep in ? And is it better to force a sweep or naturally let the leg get into position for a sweep ? I know it depends but I want your opinion so I can get the hang of sweeps and low kicks.
Haha! Ur mad!
I would say no you don't need to snap kick. I've developed a decent sweeping game but it's hard to get good at. I'll post replays later.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists