Toribash
Originally Posted by NutMega View Post
THIS IS A IMPOSIBLE TORIBOT im not sure if hampa is going to do this
Toribot: would you like to use the common running or my costume run
You: Costume
Toribot: ok
You: im going to punch first
Toribot : that looks like a hard hit should I relax all?
you: yes
you: now stand up at frame ?.?.? ok
Toribot : ok
you: ok stand up
Toribot: ok do I turn left or right
you: Right
you: nice job now slide kick
Toribot : slide kick right or left
you: right
Toribot: should I extend my elbow for punch?
you: no relax
you: im going to jump from above and hit you
Toribot: ok but go easy on that punch I don't want to lose my footing
you: ok
you: now extend right glute and hold knee
toribot: Accepted Request
You: Now pose
Toribot: stand or crouching
you: crouching

Spar finished

If you want a bot like that, that would take a baswjdiwajiosd years to do, maybe.
Dead
Well I'd say it is.... "possible".

Anyone ever played the game called sumotori?

The bots look drunk but they certainly are capable of baby walks more importantly getting up off the floor.

None the less I find this suggestion a little ridiculous. Who has the energy to complete such a task only for it to be under-appreciated? It would be more complex than the entire game as it is now.

No I suggest that the sparring bot not be Uke at all. Uke and Tori operate under the limitations of frame movement and having to program frame by frame sounds like a nightmare. Give the modmaker the ability to program particular joint movements on objects with triggers... then kamae could be designed to punch on command... or walk or something.

No one would have to spend months writing a script for uke picking himself off his ass. The community has enough creativity to do that on it's own. So long they are granted the tools to do so.
This would not be worth the time and effort.
also, what is so hard about making a server and doing /desc ^02Spar me
Originally Posted by imaslayaa View Post
This would not be worth the time and effort.
also, what is so hard about making a server and doing /desc ^02Spar me

Something different, and I want this to happen so there are a lot more Spurrrreeerssss
Dead
Are these the droids you are looking for?
I took XNick's 230 line script found here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=48135

...And turned it into 2,700 line beast. Currently, not for the faint of heart.

But if you know even a little LUA, you can easily take this and make it what you will.

Capabilities:

- Creates a new moves configuration file for each mod you play, since no 2 mods will (usually) ever use the same exact sequences. Currently, you will need to modify the configuration file manually. The configuration file is read 'every new match', so you dont have to reload the entire script to 'update' your moves list.

- Most starter scripts ive seen only give you 1 move/sequence per menu entry. But this script allows an (infinite) number of moves to exist 'under' a single menu entry. This allows full-move-sequences from round 1 to round end.

- Optimus Prime (2nd to top menu option): This is the droid you may be looking for. When enabled, it will pick one of the moves randomly and execute. It is smart enough to know what the current round is, and what the first move of a move set is.

Enable this option for both players and it will auto-advance frames and through replays.

- Logs ALL fights once loaded, to individual files: "TORIBASH_PLAYER_0.txt" and "TORIBASH_PLAYER_0.txt" , found in data\script\
- These logs can be 'basically' copy/pasted into the configuration file, enabling you to run through a series of moves, then copy/paste directly from log to config.
- This is WAY better than trying to hack moves out of a replay file, because replay files only give you the 'ending' joint settings, not the 'starting', and if anyone is hit, your ending joint settings are all relaxed (which breaks the sequence entirely).

It's currently in beta, which is why I've not released it in its own thread.

I have spent countless hours training a very small handfull of people on LUA, but that's gotta stop.

Instead, I'm now spending countless hours on the script so you folks dont have to learn a single line of LUA to save your own states.

ETA to 'actual release' is 1 month, so until then, its 'unsupported' ;)

Download currently from my own (ad-free) site:
http://zhoul.dnsd.me/tori.html

Last edited by zh0ul; May 21, 2014 at 04:24 AM.
This game could have AI.

However the process of creating a functioning AI for a Physics game such as Toribash would be an extremely difficult and stringent process.

Would require a team with great knowledge in AI programming and a lot of patience.

Not to mention everything would need to work perfectly for it to be even remotely usable. If Creative Assembly cant get AI to work in the Total War franchise, Nabi will probably not be able to get AI to work in Toribash.

Its just far too complicated.
An AI that works?
Actually, to get an AI that works 'in many cases' would not be too difficult.

- First , choose the game rules/mod.
- Next, create about 50 combos.
- Next, use a set of bots to generate statistics on which combos are best when 'the hostile players parts are at X range and general direction from self.
- Finally, implement the check/choice system based on above statistics.

While it is a very blunt way to go about "AI", it works indeed. ;)

If you recall any game from your past that claimed it 'learned you and got better', this is most likely the method it used ;)
Last edited by zh0ul; May 21, 2014 at 09:31 PM.
And then I punch uke, he falls over and looks like he's having a seizure on the ground.
If it's so easy to write a good bot, write one.
Signature temporarily out of order.