Toribash
Original Post
Darker ingame name for Official Clan's Leader
What i am suggesting is: slightly darker blue name for an official clan's leader (just ingame). It could be a nice way to recognize them if you have questions/ want to join the clan/ simply know who they are instead of asking around.

Could be a little reward for them, they spent a lot of time to organize their clan, with a lot of effort.

I understand that this isnt a necessary thing, but i think it would be a nice way to add some variation.

PS: no, i'm not a clan leader that wants a blue name.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Feb 26, 2015 at 03:39 PM.
Hm, I don't see a problem with this at all. The only thing I can find that isn't counted as good, is the Non Clan leaders will be sad that their name won't be blue.

~Supported

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
This would be interesting and a lot of people may like it, but this is like candy. Sweet in taste, but it's not good for you. The leaders may like this and it may be "somewhat" beneficial, but there isn't a legit good reason for clan leaders to have darker names.

However, there is also a bad point, and that's creation of really terrible clans would be encouraged more. Quite a few people (including myself <3) would love having darker blue name.

This suggestion atm is almost practically useless to bad. Think of it like; there are 20 noobs in one lobby and half of them are bragging about blue names. It isn't necessary at all.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
This would be interesting and a lot of people may like it, but this is like candy. Sweet in taste, but it's not good for you. The leaders may like this and it may be "somewhat" beneficial, but there isn't a legit good reason for clan leaders to have darker names.

However, there is also a bad point, and that's creation of really terrible clans would be encouraged more. Quite a few people (including myself <3) would love having darker blue name.

This suggestion atm is almost practically useless to bad. Think of it like; there are 20 noobs in one lobby and half of them are bragging about blue names. It isn't necessary at all.

Only the leader of an Official Clan would have this bonus, no others. If someone really wants it, has to put effort in what he is doing because becoming Official isn't the easiest thing.

Also creating a clan costs too much for someone that just joined the community and still doesnt know nearly anything about the whole system.

As for red names, if you know why this person has a different colour, you can understand why you don't have it.
Oh, didn't see that. I take back everything I said.

This would surely be more beneficial than not. Considering that official clans can't really be spammed, I think that what I said would work just vise versa.

Not to mention, this would still improve incentive to make a clan, but instead of people spamming bad clans, more effort will be put into making official clans and somewhat revolutionize some things.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Should have read the thread properly.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
No point. If someone needs information on an official clan, they should go to the official clans' board. That's part of the reason why they have one. We even have a tori-clan section now where you can literally see the leaders of the clans. The reward for having an official clan is having your own board, no one needs a different colored name in-game as well. Leave that for the people who actually need to be recognized in-game, the in-game admins.

Also creating a clan costs too much for someone that just joined the community and still doesnt know nearly anything about the whole system.

That's the point, there's a reason why it's hard to create a clan, especially for a legit newcomer. It's a responsibility, no one wants a bunch of unofficial tori-clans created by inexperienced members because the likely hood of them to:

1. get the 25k for an unofficial clan
2. get the 50k to apply for an official clan
3. maintain either one

are very slim. Now obviously, there are no rules against a new member making a tori-clan but as you can see there are quite of few rules and requirements in place to make it a bit harder to make a clan. Which is a good thing, not bad.

Literally the only beneficial purpose of this, is clan leaders looking slightly more important than regular users. Anything else about information etc. can be found through the tori-clan page of the clan, or their board/dsc.
500 blade eating jutsu
'the eater of bladezzz'
Originally Posted by Bible View Post
No point. If someone needs information on an official clan, they should go to the official clans' board. That's part of the reason why they have one. We even have a tori-clan section now where you can literally see the leaders of the clans. The reward for having an official clan is having your own board, no one needs a different colored name in-game as well. Leave that for the people who actually need to be recognized in-game, the in-game admins.

That's the point, there's a reason why it's hard to create a clan, especially for a legit newcomer. It's a responsibility, no one wants a bunch of unofficial tori-clans created by inexperienced members because the likely hood of them to:

1. get the 25k for an unofficial clan
2. get the 50k to apply for an official clan
3. maintain either one

are very slim. Now obviously, there are no rules against a new member making a tori-clan but as you can see there are quite of few rules and requirements in place to make it a bit harder to make a clan. Which is a good thing, not bad.

Literally the only beneficial purpose of this, is clan leaders looking slightly more important than regular users. Anything else about information etc. can be found through the tori-clan page of the clan, or their board/dsc.

With the sentence that you quoted i didn't want to say "It costs too much, pls make it lower" but just that 25k for a noob are too much. That's why for noobs, that don't understand the blue name and the effort that there is behind it, isn't so easy to spam clans.

Clan Leaders have no power ingame. So, as you said, a darker name would give them a bit more importance, to underline the effort they put to raise a clan and making it Official.

It hasn't a practical use, mine is more a suggestion to motivate Clans to improve themself, become bigger, and obtain the Official title.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
With the sentence that you quoted i didn't want to say "It costs too much, pls make it lower" but just that 25k for a noob are too much. That's why for noobs, that don't understand the blue name and the effort that there is behind it, isn't so easy to spam clans.

Clan Leaders have no power ingame. So, as you said, a darker name would give them a bit more importance, to underline the effort they put to raise a clan and making it Official.

It hasn't a practical use, mine is more a suggestion to motivate Clans to improve themself, become bigger, and obtain the Official title.

It already isn't easy to 'spam clans', merely looking at the rules will help them understand there's effort behind it.

They don't need that pseudo importance over other users. They are just users like everyone else. In-game admins have different colored names for a reason, to show that they have power over normal users. Normal users do not need this sense of superiority over others.

Unofficial clans already have motivation, to receive a board and be acknowledged as official. This suggestion doesn't even motivate the clan itself, it just makes you want to be a leader of a clan just so you can have a slightly darker name. It is an irrelevant suggestion that could be replaced by something more well thought out that would actually help clans as a whole gain more incentive from becoming official. That would be something I can get behind, not giving a leader of an official clan a darker name. This does nothing, you do not motivate a clan as a whole to become official so their leader can have this insignificant perk. The reward is currently getting a board and being recognized by the community.

If you can think of something else to motivate clans as a whole to become official that is genuine like I said, that would be a better suggestion than asking for their in-game name colors to change.
500 blade eating jutsu
'the eater of bladezzz'