ES Recruitment Drive
Depends on our level on the spectrum, but I would find it very artistically cohesive to start an art academy for conceptual and experimental art in TB. Maybe the five of us that would be in it would reach a post-mortem peak of Toribash art excellence and innovation, and it would be kind of artistic by itself, like a deep lost-content glimmer of creative purpose in the archaic forums of a virtually dead game; it's giving me early internet glitch art vibes like mouchette.org or jodi.org

if anybody wants the responsibility pm me to join XD
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I don't know what art for toribash has in the future, but the reason I think why most of the artists keep doing the same thing is because people just don't like seeing newer thing and they don't buy stuff that not considered similer to the "legendary" artists
I myself have tried to make different stuff and try new things but whenever I do it just doesn't end up selling which is very demotivating

whenever I get art requests most of them is just people trying to buy things similer to what already was made by some "legendary" artist and giving me references of their work.

I don't know why old art made by someone that was probably sold for 5k at the time is now selling for 50k or even 500k which is pretty stupid I know that alot of the art that gets sold for alot of money for being old is actually really good but some of them is just pretty normal stuff and nothing special.

I gotta agree with Clint in every aspect. There is this idea that a certain art style, and art motif brings the most $$$, and most people go for that.
I won't be responding to all point to point, however there is something that you mentioned that got me very interested, its this:

Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Other than that I think retextureable items should have their own sub thread in the art/textures so people would actually start making textures for the items aswell and not make body textures all the time it's pretty stupid to have retextureable items if no one is actually going to retexture them and I don't even think people know that they can retexture some of their items..

This is such a great idea, and I think you should make a suggestion thread about it. I've seen MariaVirgine do INSANE art when it comes to beanies, and I was already tempted to buy some, but there is no way to put value on it. If we made a section for textured items, where players can sell their art, that would be amazing.

Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
by something "new" I meant other types of art; abstract art, for example.

I've already explained that to Clint, that this was your intention with the post :--)

Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
tempted to make another full fractal set

Good luck Goomba, make sure to post some WiP thread! ;--)

Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
Depends on our level on the spectrum, but I would find it very artistically cohesive to start an art academy for conceptual and experimental art in TB. Maybe the five of us that would be in it would reach a post-mortem peak of Toribash art excellence and innovation, and it would be kind of artistic by itself, like a deep lost-content glimmer of creative purpose in the archaic forums of a virtually dead game; it's giving me early internet glitch art vibes like mouchette.org or jodi.org

I personally lack talent, when it comes to drawing. However, I have a huge interest in modern art, and to be honest it's my favourite way of expression. I think there would be many artists who would want to try and make something new. Make it a project similar to what GATA did years ago, where all artists can work together, and make new and interesting art. It's more about bringing the art community back to life, with what's left of us.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's activity on the thread, and can't wait to see what other people have to say :--) ESPECIALLY WAITING FOR COLLECTORS AND ARTISTS 8--)