Toribash
Original Post
toribash water update
Okay,I have always wanted their to be water in Toribash,
and I know your probably gonna say well toribash's Client
cant handle that and *blah blah blah*,but dont games need
to push the boundary to test new things, and find a way.I
would love to see this in a future update just imagine.
Your Tori doing an obstacle course and is swimming through
the water like a boss.

There could be some events and it could make some fun
mods.Tell me what you think.
Last edited by frandavi; Feb 24, 2015 at 08:26 PM.
I said CROOK UP
If that is real.
You cant use scripts on multi-player,
because most are meant for single player.
So Toribash will have to release it for us all to play.
I said CROOK UP
You can use lots of scripts in Multiplayer. The Belts script was made for multiplayer and you can use bots on multiplayer. IDK i dont think we really need water but i think it could be cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Cool but impossible to make something realistic. The maximum you can do is to make the tori floating, but how can you make it swim? Every movement that you make inside the water should push you in the opposite direction, like in real water.

So, complexity, lag, and difficoulty in controlling every single movement of your tori to go in the right direction.

Not supported.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Cool but impossible to make something realistic. The maximum you can do is to make the tori floating, but how can you make it swim? Every movement that you make inside the water should push you in the opposite direction, like in real water.

So, complexity, lag, and difficoulty in controlling every single movement of your tori to go in the right direction.

Not supported.

Bad side:
I agree. It wouldn't be impossible, but it would be extremely difficult to make the water work properly. The probable poor functionality of the toris and objects in the water just adds to the bad side of this idea.

The hopes and wishes of this idea(good side):
If all can go well, water would add a ton of new ideas and generally develop toribash's scripting and maybe, modding base.The water could be used as markers, or mods could be interacting with water in certain ways; boats, or surfing, sharks, etc.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Flamesmash View Post
You can use lots of scripts in Multiplayer. The Belts script was made for multiplayer and you can use bots on multiplayer. IDK i dont think we really need water but i think it could be cool

I even said "Some Mods..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weppetko:

Not supported.

Toribash can never grow as a game if it will not keep up with the players,
it is guaranteed people will grow and quit,but games that can keep up with
what the consumer or player wants will survive the ages,such as Mario or Sonic.Minecraft was a indie game https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ft+still+indie .So games like Toribash have great scripters, and if a player on Minecraft can make scripts so advance,then Toribash has no excuse.Lag is no excuse they can fix lag.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:
Bad side:
I agree. It wouldn't be impossible, but it would be extremely difficult to make the water work properly. The probable poor functionality of the toris and objects in the water just adds to the bad side of this idea.

The hopes and wishes of this idea(good side):
If all can go well, water would add a ton of new ideas and generally develop toribash's scripting and maybe, modding base.The water could be used as markers, or mods could be interacting with water in certain ways; boats, or surfing, sharks, etc.

Response to bad side:
Water may take testing,but think about it this way there are people who like
Toribash how it is,and there are people who its just not their cup of coffee,if
you can keep your audience you have and expand it to a broader audience you are marketing.When youtubers record the update on youtube,and people
see them surfing or swimming,They will use Toribash as a "Swimming" or "Surfing Simulator" if thats their cup of coffee,and hopefully they will get on to Toribash main purpose which is 3D fighting,and since Toribash is free they
will surely be on the Top 10 indie games to watch,and BTW im not just saying making water will make this game the best,but im saying if Toribash
can make advance scripts that interest players,they will be successful.

Response to The hopes and wishes of this idea(good side):
Agreed.
Last edited by frandavi; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:29 AM.
I said CROOK UP
The physics engine TB uses can't do water physics in the required way, so you'd be looking at replacing the entire engine for one that does.

While there's a lot of people who'd agree it's about time TB got a new physics setup, it's unlikely to happen any time soon - if ever.

Afraid you're stuck with scripts for now.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
sigh*
Sometimes if you dont take a risk,you still lose it all.
I think it is time that they get a new physics Setup,and if does
not happen Toribash will be let down like many other beloved games.
Is it only me who wants water in Toribash so bad.
Last edited by frandavi; Feb 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM.
I said CROOK UP
yeah, I think it's only you.

A total and complete overhaul on our beloved game engine would definitely open to new ideas and things to do, but it would also undoubtedly change the game as we know it completely.
Also known as CombatBot