Toribash
Original Post
Ranking

As times change, so does ranking!
universal mod rankings are back!

All Green Belt+ players can participate and fight people to gain rank by playing ranked games in public lobbies + special ranked rooms.
You will be unranked for your first 5 games and placed in a rank according to your Elo based on how you played while unranked.
Ranking resets once a month with mod rankings never resetting and staying permanently. Make sure you never give up!

After playing your qualification matches, you will receive a rank tier depending on your Elo:

Elo Hell (0 - 1580)
Bronze (1580 - 1600)
Silver (1600 - 1620)
Gold (1620 - 1640)
Platinum (1640 - 1660)
Diamond (1660+)

#1 Ranked Player
250,000TC
25ST
Comic Effects
Full 512x512 Body Textures

#2 Ranked Player
150,000TC
20ST
Comic Effects
Full 256x256 Joint Textures

#3 Ranked Player
100,000TC
15ST
Comic Effects
512x512 Ground Texture

4th Ranked Player: 93000 TC, 14 ST
5th Ranked Player: 86000 TC, 13 ST
6th Ranked Player: 80000 TC, 12 ST
7th Ranked Player:75000 TC, 12 ST
8th Ranked Player: 71000 TC, 11 ST
9th Ranked Player: 68000 TC, 11 ST
10th Ranked Player: 65000 TC, 10 ST
11th Ranked Player: 62000 TC, 10 ST
12th Ranked Player: 60000 TC, 9 ST
13th Ranked Player: 58000 TC, 9 ST
14th Ranked Player:56000 TC, 9 ST
15th Ranked Player: 55000 TC, 9 ST
16th Ranked Player: 54000 TC, 8 ST
17th Ranked Player: 53000 TC, 8 ST
18th Ranked Player: 52000 TC, 8 ST
19th Ranked Player: 51000 TC, 8 ST
20th Ranked Player: 50000 TC, 8 ST

Diamond Players
50,000TC
10ST
Comic Effects
Random Elite joints

Platinum Players
30,000TC
6ST
Comic Effects
Random Tier X Joints

Gold Players
5,000TC
3ST
Hit Effects
Random Tier VIII Joints

Silver Players
2,000TC
2ST
Hit Effects
Random Tier V Joints

Bronze Players
1,000TC
1ST
Hit Effects
Random Tier II Joints

Other Info

You can only receive prizes on one account.

Users caught rank farming or abusing the system will have their Elo reset back to default.
Severe cases of farming / exploiting will also result in a ban placed on every associated account.

Good luck and have fun playing!

note: similar to Battlepass, ranking will be constantly ongoing so there may be changes to minor things every now and then!
Last edited by ancient; Jul 28, 2023 at 07:32 PM.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Egoist View Post
Noo. Fuck win points. Totally disagree. Just no. It's just will ruin mods, especially abd. When u can do 1 good snap and get points. Or point **** opener vs clap

I think that this would be a pretty cool shift to the current meta in a mod like abd, is no one bored of playing the same match over and over again?
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
I think that this would be a pretty cool shift to the current meta in a mod like abd, is no one bored of playing the same match over and over again?

I fully agree

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
In the next ranking, I think it'd be best if there was a win point for all the mods

abd - 80k
lenshu3ng - 80k
erthtkv2- 80k
rk-mma - 80k
boxshu_mushu_v5 - 100k

the reason behind this is because waiting in queue takes long and adding this would make some fights finish faster

This is dumb. Just make more lobbies if you have problem with the queue. I don't want to play abd damage speedruns.
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post

This is a bad idea. This will negatively affect every mod and reduce competitive options across the board. It will make ranked a far more frustrating experience, people will be less inclined to want to play it, it will only introduce randomness and give worse players a better chance to win, which is the complete opposite of what is desired in a competitive medium.

Mods affected in order of severity and why (added colors to make this more readable for you ADD-affected zoomers):
  • ABD:
    ABD distinguishes itself from other mods through its unique grappling mechanics. The strategic richness of grappling in ABD (and the other aikido-based mods) raises a question: why is this aspect limited to only one mod in the ranked rotation, while striking mods like rk-mma and lenshu3ng share many similarities where one player experienced in one will succeed in the other? In ABD, grappling serves as the primary offensive tool, where securing advantageous positions for lifts and suplexes takes precedence over offensive striking (people go for strikes when they have little hope of achieving a better lifting position, especially while being lifted). This emphasis on positional dominance yields success, with victories more often tied to superior lifting rather than crucial damage or dismemberments. Altering the competitive landscape to prioritize striking over grappling would reduce viable opening strategies (to Egoist's point -- now you will only see snapkicks, decap openers and pet openers whose sole purpose is to gain points), which only adds to Ancient's critique of "playing the same match over and over again"!

• rk-mma:
    One thing that makes rk-mma quite different than lenshu3ng is having to be very cognizant of putting yourself in positions where you can DQ outside the ring if you're struck hard enough by the opponent. I have seen MANY victories in rk-mma come from one player, who is down on points, able to get underneath and/or push their opponent hard enough to where they are forced to DQ outside the ring. Given how frequently this occurs, adding a point threshold will hurt rk-mma.

• lenshu3ng:
    The same thing applies to lenshu3ng as it does rk-mma -- the ring doesn't exist without having any consequence towards gameplay. The ring is larger so the frequency of people DQing outside of the ring occurs less than it does in rk-mma, but again, many lenshu victories have come through forcing the opponent out of the ring and reducing this via a point threshold limits competitive options.

• boxshu_mushu_v5:
    This mod is perhaps the most random out of all the mods in the rotation where the lesser player has the greatest chance to get an upset win on a better player. However, as random as clashes are in this mod, there's often an opportunity to DQ your opponent if you're grabbing onto a loose part of their body and forcing it onto the floor. Boxshu is arguably the quickest mod on in the rotation and matches are often over before anyone reaches 50k points given how easy it is to be dismembered and DQed already, so a point ceiling will be of very little consequence, but it will nullify the competitive edge case of being able to DQ your opponent in an otherwise unfortunate clash.

• erthtkv2:
    For one thing, it's very hard to gain more than 80k points in erthtk because of the short timespan it takes to play (and how everyone plays like cowmeat now). However, like the mods above, erthtk has a ring where you instantly DQ outside and this has competitive consequences and options. Shmevin was able to DQ iTemp in the World Championship finals while down on points using his dismembered wrist. An occurrence like this is somewhat rare, but again, a point ceiling will negate the existence of this ring. It would make more sense to introduce a point ceiling in a modified version of taekkyon.tbm than erthtk.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
In the next ranking, I think it'd be best if there was a win point for all the mods

abd - 80k
lenshu3ng - 80k
erthtkv2- 80k
rk-mma - 80k
boxshu_mushu_v5 - 100k

the reason behind this is because waiting in queue takes long and adding this would make some fights finish faster

you are off the percs